Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Oldace
Follower
Follower

I am wondering if a release date is available yet for the ARLO PRO in Australia.

Cheers,

Oldace.

122 REPLIES 122
Mat_S
Guide
Guide
It may have ended at the end of March...
bellawii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Mat_S, didn't you order yours Monday 3rd April?

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Yes but signed up for code a couple of weeks ago.... code was valid until mid April as long as you had signed up by end of March.... i think....
bellawii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good news, was able to order the 3 arlo pro camera + base station with the 20% discount. Came to USD$522.46. Freight was USD66.47.

Bad news, there's no stock so just have to wait.

Used this code E17QWGU. It may work for someone else.

If not, I found the code by googling smarthome coupon. Selected the link for savings.com and after one click it revealed the above code for me. It didn't ask for an email.

Hope this will help others.

fatrouni
Tutor
Tutor

Thought I'd chime in after seeing all the good news.

It's strange how the major retailers haven't been promoting Arlo Pro despite the imminent official launch. I checked today and saw that even Scorptec and CPL have them listed on their respective websites.

Some advice - I highly recommend the charging station as it allows you to charge two batteries at the same time.

Oh and one last thing, fatrouni is a dude.

Mini007
Tutor
Tutor
Hey guys,

I have a question inspite of reading all previous posts regarding the AC adapter.

Now I have an old Netgear router's adapter with Input - 100-240 which is perfectly fine but the output is 12.0V/2.5 A - now this is not similar to the USA output of 12.0V/1.5A.

Before trying to switch ON the base with the old adapter, I want to make sure if it's the right one I am using. Please advise. Thanks
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Mini007 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a question inspite of reading all previous posts regarding the AC adapter.

Now I have an old Netgear router's adapter with Input - 100-240 which is perfectly fine but the output is 12.0V/2.5 A - now this is not similar to the USA output of 12.0V/1.5A.

Before trying to switch ON the base with the old adapter, I want to make sure if it's the right one I am using. Please advise. Thanks

If the plug is the same size and fits, you're fine. The Amperage rating on the adapter is the max output it can provide. It needs to be at least as much as the original one but it doesn't matter if it's more. The voltage must be the same though, as yours is

mcgoldrick85
Initiate
Initiate

Just picked up a 4 camera system. $1399, expensive but I'll have local warrenty.

Mail2madhva
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was planning to buy this camera system. looking at the price , I will give it a miss.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

The price was very dissapointing however local warranty is more convenient if the product is faulty or requires exchange

Mail2madhva
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are right , but for me who is on a budget, this price is not worth it. I'm now considering other options.
datzow
Tutor
Tutor

I ended up ordering from smarthome, but got a suspicious email saying the order was on hold requesting for details I had already provided. Did anyone else get this?

bellawii
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got an email to fax over a form plus copy of front and back of credit card. I had 2 orders on 2 different accounts with both paid on the same credit card.
Mini007
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I got the same too as when we use international credit card / Non USA card, they insist on a identity check by faxing/emailing the credit card credentials.

Steve_t thank you for your advice - it works fine !!!
Mat_S
Guide
Guide
I didn't get any request to verify my Aussie credit card. Order went straight through. Ordered midday Monday. Arrived 2pm Thursday. Saved $250 which was worth the "no warranty" issue.
fatrouni
Tutor
Tutor

I was also asked to verify my credit card by Smarthome which according to them, is standard practice for international credit cards. Given that I had paid via PayPal, I unreservedly refused their request and advised them that I would take no part in sending my credit card details in an email. One of the main benefits of using PayPal is that your personal details are protected. Furthermore, through the PayPal account verification process, there's absolutely no need to verify your credit card details to any seller. So they checked my payment method and after realising their error, they issued an apology and processed my payment without hesitation. Again, this only applies to PayPal transactions.

Similar to Mat_S, I reckon I saved around $450. However, this saving didn't come at the expense of losing my warranty. For those who bought through Smarthome, go to your MyNETGEAR account then click on 'My Products'. If you've registered your Arlo Pro system (which I think happens automatically through the device activation process), you'll see your system listed there. Click on it, what do you see? Go a step further and read the warranty information.

Mewsik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Code still worked. I ordered with smarthome on back order.
A big thank you to Fatrouni
bellawii
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I go into MyNetgear account to register, I enter the serial no. of the base station and I get "Invalid Serial Number - This serial number has already been registered in our system by a support repesentative."

But I can register the cameras. Anyone else have the same problem? Bought from SmartHome.

datzow
Tutor
Tutor

bellawii wrote:

When I go into MyNetgear account to register, I enter the serial no. of the base station and I get "Invalid Serial Number - This serial number has already been registered in our system by a support repesentative."

I just registered and I got the same issue, but went to ha ve a look at my products and it was already listed there (from the date of when I would have set up the devices.

Out of curiosity what sort of battery life are others getting? I have only had them runnign for about 2 weeks and already they only have about 25% battery left!

Mini007
Tutor
Tutor
I suppose when you set up the devices it automatically registers it and the country of purchase becomes the place where it got activated.

My battery percentage is still in 90's, may be coz when I am at home I don't keep motion detector ON. Motion detection eats a lot of battery...
bellawii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used a different email when I setup the Pro. So if I log into mynetgear account using the new email I can see it under My Products.

Has anyone uploaded the invoice from Smarthome? Can we make a warranty claim without uploading the invoice?

After 2 weeks and an avg of 4 recordings a day of 16 sec each, battery is 92%.

Mini007
Tutor
Tutor
@ bellawii : I don't think warranty claims can be made without invoice.

Btw can anyone explain how the 7 day free cloud recording works please...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 7 day recording storage simply lets you see the last 7 days of recordings.  The 8th day gets deleted.  Be sure to download anything of importance before that time.