Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: What are the USB ports used for on the rear of the Arlo base unit?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Horsecam
Tutor
Tutor

I also am wondering about the USB Port.  If for local storage, how is it used.  Zero directions about this.  The model on this is VMB4000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

From your model number, it appears you have an Arlo Pro system, correct?

If so, when you plug a USB drive into the back of the base station, all recording events will be uploaded to the cloud and to the USB drive. In the event that your internet connection goes down, they will only be recorded to the USB drive. If this happens, you will not be able to access the videos on the drive through the Arlo interface. You will need to remove the USB drive and plug it into a computer to view the videos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Pro base has usable USB ports. Check out Settoi GS, My Devices, your Pro base, Local Storage.

I wish more people would simply look through the interface to determine what's up.
Horsecam
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the help, but maybe everyone in this world is just not quiet as smart as you.  That is why we ask questions.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

From your model number, it appears you have an Arlo Pro system, correct?

If so, when you plug a USB drive into the back of the base station, all recording events will be uploaded to the cloud and to the USB drive. In the event that your internet connection goes down, they will only be recorded to the USB drive. If this happens, you will not be able to access the videos on the drive through the Arlo interface. You will need to remove the USB drive and plug it into a computer to view the videos

Horsecam
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it is a Pro.  Thanks for the simple explanation.