Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

A Quick Easy Charging Tip

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I've been doing this since I got my camera's but thought about posting it only after reading the various solar panel posts about the pain it is to take our camera's down to charge.

What I did and of course it won't work for everyone, is to buy short inexpensive microUSB cable's and permanently plug them into each camera and simply coil it up and tuck it away when not charging. Because my camera's are tucked under the eve's of my home, hiding these cables is pretty easy.

When a camera needs a charge I simply uncoil the cable and plug it into an extension cord off my porch light or from my garage. Much easier then taking the camera's down and having to reposition them everytime.

Still waiting for solar panel's though!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drake3287,

Thanks for sharing. For those participating in this thread, keep in mind not any USB cable can be used to charge Arlo Pro rechargeable batteries, see here for more info: What power adapter can I use to charge my Arlo Pro or Arlo Go batteries?

Also keep in mind the power adapter and charging cable included with the Arlo Pro camera system is not weatherproof and should not be used outside. Take a look here for an outdoor solution: Outdoor Power Adapter (VMA4700)

JamesC