Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsmith032
Follower
Follower

Im having the same issue as OP, the notifications arent instant and by the time I get a notification on my app on my phone and open it the actual footage is gone. 

I do have a 500GB HDD plugged into the base station, is there a way to record to that first and get the notifications instantly and worry about the "cloud" piece later? 

44 REPLIES 44
Petersweden08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here with my Arlo pro 2. Notifications come through up to 4 minutes after some one approaches or  leaves the  house   when i get the notification whatever has triggered it has long gone. On 30 day trial i might cancel my arlo smart premier and go back to normal free that was quick notifications with in 5 seconds sometimes.Other wise i like the car and people movements only option notifications .i also dont want any tips about restarting box etc ( I am engineer myself) the problem is at your end not customer end,Regards Peter

Petersweden08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here with my Arlo pro 2. Notifications come through up to 4 minutes after some one approaches or  leaves the  house   when i get the notification whatever has triggered it has long gone. On 30 day trial i might cancel my arlo smart premier and go back to normal free that was quick notifications with in 5 seconds sometimes.Other wise i like the car and people movements only option notifications .i also dont want any tips about restarting box etc ( I am engineer myself) the problem is at your end not customer end,Regards Peter

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Petersweden08

Have you tried to remove the camera from the Settings > Devices & re sync?  

Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor
No I haven’t tried that. My base is on top of my furniture the highest point & the closest room to the cameras. Through tge wall is my garage & they are all 3 within 20’ or less. Even the front door one is actually closer but has 1 more wall to go through. They will pick up tree shadows on the driveway or a wasp,leaves even a car going by in the street but when someone walkes across or towards the house they don’t start until they almost went by if IF they do start. It’s like there’s no setting or angle that works. Ive had them for a few years & it’s always been that way. I just bever got on here & thought they were good enough for a deterrent. But I have had a few cases recently where someone has cae walking up after parking out of view & really wish they did their job I was wondering if the new ones are any better. This system was $400 & I don’t have that money to throw away again. Any suggestions I’d appreciate.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jbtopps

it sounds like the positioning may not be ideal. Do you have a screenshot of the trouble cameras view?

Jbtopps
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jbtopps

Is it possible to try a new angle with the camera at the front door? The cameras will pick up side to side movement much better than objects moving directly toward the camera. If possible, can you try and position the camera more to the left or right, so the camera can capture an object moving from side to side. You may be able to test this with another person holding the camera up instead of mounting first. I have attached a KB article below that will help assist with the positioning.

How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

pjhallett
Tutor
Tutor

It has now been about 3mths since you turned on the smart notifications which you call an upgrade when in fact it’s a downgrade for a lot off users just read the community page. I’ve paid thousands of dollars for 10 cameras and your subscription service and still the notifications for Arlo Pro is broken. Notifications are coming in now 2 min later since the 3rd update. When I purchased Arlo it was 15sec then the smart upgrade moved it to 1min and the last 2 software upgrades have now moved it to 2min. This is not on. Can someone focus on fixing the issue.

This is disgraceful it hasn’t been fixed instead of focusing on Arlo Ultra focus on your loyal customers at the moment but by the sounds of things customers are thinking of ditching Arlo as it’s got so bad. I’m starting to thing the same now. Also I’ve had no communication from anyone since calls and emails to the support line. How about letting us turn off Arlo Smart notifications as this sounds like the issue. Shouldn’t we have the choice.

Here is my latest info. Still no Joy

IOS Version 2.7.1 installed
App deleted and reinstalled
Modem restarted
Arlo Restarted

Please fix ASAP

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I see comments about "after signing up for premier" and Mods saying move the camera angle.  No and No.  Installed my Ultra system 4 days ago and signed up for premier that same day, notifications were instant for 3 days, my phone knocked to let me know before I was out of the pic BUT today it suddenly takes 5 to 10 mins to get a notification.  There is a issue other than premier or moving cameras.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Notifications randomly push 1 minutes to 20 minutes extremely slow
Sherlock2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appears I have all the  most recent updates.  Have the Arlo Smart Premier subscription.  Notifications to phone 1-2 min delay from any 3 cameras.  Any suggestions. Would using a USB Thumb drive for storage be any quicker?

HW Version VMB4000r3
Firmware 1.12.0.1_27940
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Push notifications still slow & broken. Use email notifications work around u get notifications faster on emails
Sherlock2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem is, I really dont use emails on my phone.  Too many.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had same issue notifications is brokeb, it's deley & slow it take 3 minutes to 15 minutes to get notifications. Even I check notifications on
goldbondx
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have been procrastinating about posting for sometime. Delay has gotten worse, to the point I am finally going to rant. 4-5 minute delay is completely useless. The cameras haven't moved, base station hasn't moved, I have 400 mb inet using orbi. Mobiles are iPhone 8 l, iPhone X and OnPlus7pro. There is no reasonable explanation for this and as usual, no useful comment from Arlo support. Fix this!
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes they are getting worse, especially after the last app update.  I am surprised to see this on your iphone, most I know including my wife has 0 issues with push.  However, even hers has gone to at least a 2-3 min delay often after the last app update.  The issue with Androids is the deep doze mode, until you do something to wake it it can often be 20 and even twice now an hour before I got the notification.  Spoke with Samsung and got on the Android developers site and there is no hurry to change it.  It first started with the second update to Oreo and is now worse with Pie.  Called Arlo support and the guy was nice but couldn't understand what I was trying to tell him.  Took notes to send to techs and started a claim. 3 or 4 hours later I got an e-mail saying more info needed with a link to go to but the link only returns an error and the said if they didn't hear from me it would be dropped.  Sent a reply to the original e-mail about it and haven't heard a thing since. Android developers did say that it is upto the app creater to make sure to follow the procedure to isure their app can handle deep sleep mode.  I am wishing now I had gone with wired cameras

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LandJS

I reviewed you case & it appears Customer Support reached out to you by phone but was disconnected, Is there a best time, date, number, time zone I can add to your case for another callback? if so can you PM me your information?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Sorry I missed the call, I've gotten so many SS scam calls this week I quit answering my phone if I don't recognize the number but I will to get help, so most days between 9 AM till 10 PM works for me.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I should add that mine is the Ultra and the case #40990993.  Twice now I've gotten a e-mail with a link for more info ad both times the link returns as "invalid token value"

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LandJS

I added your available times to your case notes. You may call in at anytime as well with your case number.