Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

I only put my Arlo Pro cameras up last week and I'm already on one of them down to 44% as I have lots of foot traffic in line of sight of my front camera (even reducing sensistivity). The garden coverage one is ok at 70%, but I decided to connect up the USB charger while the camera is in situ and I'm getting a rapid clicking sound or ticking as the camera is charging on the video feed and and recorded video. This doesn't seem normal to me. It appears the microphone is picking up interference, but I would have expected sheilding on the cabling at least.

Has anyone else had this?

I'm on HW8 if that helps and FW 1.092.0.4_13099

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you happen to have more than one charger?  You could try a quality phone charger that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge (5v and 9v of at leasr 1.5 amps) to see if it's the charger or the camera. Or plug the charger into the other camera to see what happens.

In any event, if it's a hardware problem, you need to open a case with support.

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep. I've tried three different chargers (Samsung 9v, and two different Qualcomm 3.0 Chargers. I've also tried 4 different cables.

Case is already open, but to be honest Netgear Support really annoys the hell out of me as they are so lax, inexperienced and just plain annoying. Plsu the scripted responses and crib sheet tests get tedious.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Stay on them and insist.  If new enough, you can also swap at the store.