Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notifications had been very erratic and I got alerted at very different timing on each devices

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BGPunggol
Guide
Guide

My setup includes 1 Main and 2 Guests on 1 camera. For the past few months Push Notifications had been very erratic and I got alerted at very different timing on each devices. One will be immediate and another would receive notification some 15-20 mins later. What's going on Arlo? Is there anyone getting the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BGPunggol,

Is this happening on specific cameras or for all cameras? And is this happening on different phone devices or on all?

BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
I have only 1 camera so notification should be pushed to all parties at the same time. Last night I observed that the Guests notification was pushed on time but the Main notification arrived only about 10 mins later.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using (assuming that device is getting delayed push notifications)? I would say try reinstalling the Arlo app and reboot your phone device to see if that helps.

BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
Not really. I am using the same brand of Android phone. Sometimes all 3 devices would received notifications but sometimes one odd one would get notification only much later. This phenomenon is strange as it not only happen with WI-FI but also mobile data. Anyone else having this same issue? As I am typing, I received an alert but my wife's mobile didn't.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.