Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

It looks like the previous thread on this has been locked as I can't reply to it any more: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Push-Notifications-Won-t-Stop-Even-When-Turned-Off/td-p/17508... 

The issue seemed to be fixed but today I have received a bunch more push notifications and had one of my cameras trigger several times based on audio (even though it is set to motion only).

If the issue was fixed, it seems like the bug has been reintroduced today....

45 REPLIES 45
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MotoRider42HC wrote:
Absolutely not! That is a copy-paste answer from someone reading a script who doesn't know what they are talking about, and isn't intelligent enough to understand the issue.

Please refrain from personal attacks.

Obviously it's up to you on whether you follow the suggestion or not.  It did resolve the problem for me. I agree you shouldn't have to do it, and I agree it's a workaround.  

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
I'm obviously not referring to you. It isn't your fault if the Arlo techs and moderators are lying to you about this issue, and trying to sweep it under the rug, by blaming the user.

I am referring to the worthless call center... Based on my multiple calls to their help line, they have blatantly instructed the call center not to do anything except read and follow an exact script, no matter what. Never, not once, did I get someone who could speak clear English, and provide me with an intelligent or educated conversation about the problem. Every single time, they wanted to go through their script line by line,... and they refused to transfer me to an advanced tech in the USA who could actually help understand and solve the issue.

It is infuriating that i'm paying for a service that has been rendered defective, by a poorly-executed backend update. And that still hasn't been fixed, nor has any timeline to be fixed.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MotoRider42HC wrote:
I'm obviously not referring to you. It isn't your fault if the Arlo techs and moderators are lying to you about this issue, and trying to sweep it under the rug, by blaming the user.

FWIW, they haven't lied to me (or blamed me) for anything.  

One way or another, it is the camera that is detecting the audio and sending the audio motion recordings - not the back-end.  A back-end problem might have garbled the configuration in the camera of course.  Removing the camera and base and adding them re-applies the camera settings, and that did resolve it for me.

You could attempt to enable/disable audio alerts, and possibly toggle other camera settings, as that could possibly have a similar effect.  If you do enable the audio alerts, then try setting the trigger to the least sensitive value (which is 1) before disabling them again.  Toggling audio alerts didn't resolve if for me, but the back-end has certainly changed since then.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
Toggling the settings is a good idea.

Unfortunately, i already tried that last month, i toggled every switch and setting i possibly could. Toggled the modes, notifications, tried editing the modes back and forth. Nothing worked.

If the camera and base station weren't completely out of reach, i'd go ahead and re-pair them, but i'm not going to move workbenches and climb ladders for an issue that Arlo caused with a bad update.

At this point, i'm considering filing a complaint and request for refund on the last two months of subscription fees, and continuing to do so each month until the problem is solved. I shouldn't have to pay for a broken service.
MPRamsey
Initiate
Initiate

One of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras is being activated when Sound Is Detected when Detects Audio is Not Enabled. I have Recording set to occur when Motion is detected only. However, there is no motion occurring in the video but there is audible sounds like wind or birds chirping or traffic. These sounds seem to cause the camera to start recording and I don't know why.

Anyone else experience this? Any resolution you can offer?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MPRamsey wrote:

However, there is no motion occurring in the video but there is audible sounds like wind or birds chirping or traffic. These sounds seem to cause the camera to start recording and I don't know why.

I think the next step is to test this idea by also turning off the microphone in the device settings, and see if the recordings stop.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary

Sounds like the same problem we have been having for the past ~2 months with the "audio notification" even though all audio settings are turned off.

I would suggest opening a help ticket, or calling tech support, but they'll just walk you through their script line-by-line, until you give up and quit.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MotoRider42HC wrote:

Sounds like the same problem we have been having for the past ~2 months with the "audio notification" even though all audio settings are turned off.

I'm not sure about that. 

@MPRamsey:  Are your recordings tagged as "Audio" or are they tagged as "Motion"?   When I was having the problem @MotoRider42HC  mentions, my recordings were tagged as "Audio".

If your camera is reasonably accessible, then I suggest removing it from the account and re-adding it.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
I just noticed the title of the thread has changed again... ?????

why did the moderator combine more threads together that may or may not be related????

The only thread I'm following right now is supposed to be about unwanted audio push notifications.

why has the thread title been changed to something that has nothing to do with what we've been dealing with for the past two months????
MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
The title of this thread is supposed to be "Push Notifications Won't Stop Even When Turned Off"....

WHY HAS IT BEEN CHANGED???
Ixthnar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 with firmware and software up to date as of 3/7/2020.  My setup is this (checked repeatedly).

* Smart Notifications: all cameras "All other Audio" off

* Mode: all modes where applicable, all rules, all cameras "Audio is detected" is turned off.  Email notifications are enabled.

* Devices, all cameras, audio settings, microphone off

Still I get audio notifications at the email address setup in mode (to receive motion detection events).

Help! I setup audio notifications and found them to be triggered so easily that they are worthless.  Now I cannot stop them 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ixthnar wrote:

* Mode: all modes where applicable, all rules, all cameras "Audio is detected" is turned off.  

Help! I setup audio notifications and found them to be triggered so easily that they are worthless.  Now I cannot stop them 😞

Try removing the cameras from the account and adding them back again.

mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just want to post and keep this thread alive.

This issue is still happening. My Arlo app just let me know I had 531 new videos. I opened the app and there is a new video that has been triggered by audio this afternoon, on the same camera, which is still set to not trigger on audio. Interesting little additional fact, all of these anomalous triggers seem to occur mid-afternoon...

It's been two months now since these issues were first reported in the Discussion Forums.

I've sent several private messages with screen shots, serial numbers and details, but not had any fixes to try or acknowledgement of any root cause.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
this thread is for "unwanted notifications". however, it sounds like your problem is very very very similar. either way, neither of our problems have been solved.
mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, actually I was the original poster of this thread (see Post #1).

I initially thought the problem was unwanted notifications but through my own investigation (no help from Arlo Support) I narrowed it down to notifications coming from audio triggered recordings, even though all my cameras are set to motion only.....

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
Actually, the "helpful" forum moderator combined our threads together.

But yes, you are correct, Arlo support is of zero help at all.

And I agree, the problem is still not solved.

I just got several dozen notifications a few minutes ago for audio alerts.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgbnet wrote:

I initially thought the problem was unwanted notifications but through my own investigation (no help from Arlo Support) I narrowed it down to notifications coming from audio triggered recordings, even though all my cameras are set to motion only.....

Try removing the cameras and base from your account, and then adding them back.  That often resolves this problem.

cool42141421
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue. This sucks!

Modes settings are audio off.

Camera settings are audio off.

Tried all solutions on this thread, did not help. Please ARLO support address this major flaw in your product. I get a notice every minute no matter what the settings I select. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey cool42141421,

You can try out this solution to see if that helps as it helped some users out: Pro sending audio alerts when turned off

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
Has anyone experienced this issue lately? I haven't had an unwanted notification in about two weeks. And i got an email from Arlo Support saying that Engineering has finally provided a fix. If any of you are still having this issue, let me know, so i can keep the support case open.
roverdeja
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't even see "Smart Notifications" as an option.