Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
I am starting to sense that Arlo may be getting ready to move towards getting more people to pay for cloud storage.
This article, while discussing the Ultra, says that clould storage for regular users is only 3 days. While this is only one article to say this, and may be inaccurate, I did get a pop up this morning when opening my recordings hounding me to upgrade to a paid plan.

https://www.techhive.com/article/3325214/security-cameras/arlo-unveils-its-ultra-4k-smart-home-secur...

Any thoughts on this?
31 REPLIES 31
ArloC
Guide
Guide

Ah. Despite having auto updates turned on on my iPhone, just found a buried nag to upate to iOS 12.1.2. Maybe that is my problem.

ArloC
Guide
Guide

Updated iOS and reinstalled the Arlo app. Same result: Only one camera is going into the Library. The others can be watched live, but are not saved. I will just pay for the lowest level of cloud storage. Given that the Basic subscription is a legacy feature that never generated any revenue by itself and is no longer offered, it will break every once in a while as Arlo's software is updated over the years. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And you're sure a filter isn't set in the library?

pameldredge
Aspirant
Aspirant
My entire library is gone and any new recordings can't be viewed. I rebooted the system but no change. I will be very, very upset if the rolling 7 day video storage is gone. One article mentions a USB. I don't know what to think. I'm upset and sad.
ArloC
Guide
Guide

Never used the "Filter" feature. Found the feature and it says "any."

Why are there no comments here from Arlo?

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issues with basic subscriptions. Multiple properties with 5 or fewer cameras. Still getting triggered recordings but unable to record manually. Their tactic seems to be to diminish functionality of free subscription. I also have property with 10 cameras on premiere subscription. Functions on that account remain the same; however, they are pushing the purchase of additional security functions which are not needed to view wildlife.
Robfrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thought this thread might be of interest to this group as it's had a (very quick) response from Netgear on exactly this topic.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Where-is-my-Basic-plan-gone/m-p/1672264/highlight/true#M63092