Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
SirV
Star
Star

Just set up my Arlo Pro and for a test I put it in my garage and I upped the motion detection to 100%.

The camera does not pick up the electric garage door opening which takes about 12 seconds, it sees someone enter the and open the car door but then stops recording and does not capture the car being reveresed out and the door being closed.

Why is it not capturing more?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Go into the “Modes” Tab > Click the little Pencil to edit the Mode in question > Click on the little Pencil to edit the Camera > Edit the “Record Video” line. You can extend the recording time up to 120 seconds.

There are feature requests out there to extend this time especially as the cameras can be hard wired into a power supply now. If on battery though there has to be a balance between the recording time and battery life. I have most of mine set to either 15 or 30 seconds but assume you will find a balance suitable for your situation and camera placement etc.

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Go into the “Modes” Tab > Click the little Pencil to edit the Mode in question > Click on the little Pencil to edit the Camera > Edit the “Record Video” line. You can extend the recording time up to 120 seconds.

There are feature requests out there to extend this time especially as the cameras can be hard wired into a power supply now. If on battery though there has to be a balance between the recording time and battery life. I have most of mine set to either 15 or 30 seconds but assume you will find a balance suitable for your situation and camera placement etc.

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!
SirV
Star
Star

ahaaa, there are rules!

🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SirV wrote:

Just set up my Arlo Pro and for a test I put it in my garage and I upped the motion detection to 100%.

The camera does not pick up the electric garage door opening which takes about 12 seconds, it sees someone enter the and open the car door but then stops recording and does not capture the car being reveresed out and the door being closed.

Why is it not capturing more?

Placement may be more critical .

Now remember that thes cameras operating by the IR detected... the door moving by itself ( insulated more than likely ) may not set off the camera as it may be IR neutral. 

But as you mentioned it does capture a person... and as above there is a time adjustment

As a PS,  you may want to create Custom Modes as opposed to editing the default one

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------