Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
lkram
Follower
Follower

Hello. We put a camera outdoors on our front porch and during the day it only detects motion when it should (when someone delivers mail for example). But at night it detects motion every single minute of every hour. This is causing the batteries to run down and captures tons of uncessary footage etc. Can someone tell me how to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New camera/base station firmware has been released resolving this issue. Please be sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware. See here: Release Notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
serghe
Guide
Guide

Contact support. Most likely you'll get a replacement, you're not the only one with this problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ikram,

I would like to assist you with this issue. I will reach out to you in a private message to collect more information.

JamesC

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
JamesC, has the engineers given you any insight on what the actual issue is and possible fixes, other than getting a replacement?
DNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had the same issue. I realized that I have a motion detector light in the back of the house that was on. My thought was that if there was movement that would illuminate the yard and help with image quality. I'm not an engineer and so I have no idea how the lamp works, but the thought dawned on me that the sensor from that light may have something to do with my issues. So I turned off the motion detector from the exterior light and now my Arlo pro is not triggering false alarms. So it has only been one night. But seems like the issue is fixed.
DNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

manofice,

Sorry the late response, engineering is still currently reviewing this topic.

If you are experiencing this issue, can you confirm you still see the same behavior when audio is disabled for the camera?

Consider disabling or reducing audio sensitivity and test to see if you get the same results:

How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the desired camera > Audio Settings > toggle off speaker and microphone

JamesC

Draal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having similar issues with two of my Pro cameras.  Once night falls, I get constant alerts.  They are postioned on the north and south sides of my house and I have neighbors on both sides approximately 7 feet from both sides of my home.  I have a total of 4 pro cams.  All outside.  The one on my back porch facing the yard works perfectly as does the one further out by the garage.  It's only the two cams between the neighbors that are triggering like nuts at night.

I have adjusted the sensitivity on both troubled cams to no avail.  Could the proximity of the other homes with lights turning on/off or heat be causing these false alarms?

Best regards,

Pete

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it's possible but I haven't had those things set my cameras off.  What fixed my repeat recordings was to have the camerasd replaced.

scbatech
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem with two of my cameras one is on the front door and the other is on my side door . In the day time they work fine it's just at night is when I have a problem with the two cameras going off constantly I have to turn motion off and turn speaker on and then it doesn't turn on as much. Any help would be great
Thanks
scbatech
Draal
Aspirant
Aspirant

@scbatech First I did a reset of the base station which is a bit of a chore as the cameras needed to be joined again to the base station.  I had better success adjusting the cameras a bit more downward and away from the side of the house.  False alarms went down dramatically but it was a bit hit or miss (up the ladder/down the ladder, rinse/repeat).  I did get a ton of false alarms last night but I attribute that to the snow blast we received.

I think the angle of the camera plays a huge role in false triggers and I had to choose the most important thing (like a side door) and skip trying to capture a larger scene.  Hope this helps;  I was ready to throw in the towel at one point but I am satisfied now.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
only way is to RMA the camera have it swap and update latest firmware i have 1 camera does that at night i take back to BB got exchange no issue
windcam95
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the exact same problem. Day is fine but nighttime record false motion all night long wearing the battery down and very annoying too so I end up turn off which fl defeats the purpose for having them in the first place. Other Arlo cameras are okay but not the Arlo pro. How can I get a return authorization to have the camera replaced. Purchased from Best Buy around 2-3 months ago and been a constant problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned many times, contact support and open a case.  Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New camera/base station firmware has been released resolving this issue. Please be sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware. See here: Release Notes

JamesC

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for updating with this info.

I have been experiencing the same with one of my cameras.