Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not recording, My Devices Screen hangs on 'Getting Information' and other issues

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Abhi85
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras, base station and iPhone APP were all working fine until today.

I got my system on Feb 18 2017.

I am having following issues:

1.  'Mode'  Screen hangs on 'Getting information' stage

If i get passed that

2. Cameras do not record any video on motion, Nothing is stored locally or on cloud

Also if the mode is 'Armed', and I am looking the 'Devices' screen, if I go in front of the camera - i can see the camera detect motion (the running man becomes orange) but then I get a message saying -  "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server"

I have the same problem regardless of whether im accessing the system via iPhone app or thru my laptop or macbook.

If i perform ' motion detection test' -> Cameras detect motion fine.

I have power cycled all the devices.

All the LEDs on the base station are green and light up fine.

I have not changed anything from the day they were installed. The batteries in camera are above 90% charge.

So what is going on? Please help. I cannot find anyhting to resolve this. 

My cameras are: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWS96JV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8 REPLIES 8
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

You're not alone.

This is happening to tons of us right now. 

NETGEAR, care to chime in?

Abhi85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Addtionally,

I can:

1. Live view the camera feed

2. Manually record the video

3. The video is stored in cloud and I can view it

But:

1. It does nothing when it is 'Armed' mode. Does not record video, Does not push notification of motion, Doesn't do anything !

So frustarting!

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue happens occassionally when Arlo does firmware updates.

And they are usually good about fixing this stuff.

The silence from any of the good moderators is the most frustrating thing. Im not used to this sort of ambivilance from Arlo. They're usually quick to fix issues.

Abhi85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, but there has been no firmware update in the past few days.

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Abhi85 wrote:

Okay, but there has been no firmware update in the past few days.

Then it must be a server issue or something else on their end.

All I know is that it's happened in the past and when it does, it usually hits a bunch of clients all at once. So that tells me it's on NETGEAR's end.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Late thursday night we deployed server upgrades that may have resulted in a small number of users experiencing an issue accessing their system.  This should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

joepadraic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm constantly getting the message "The connection to the media server has timed out."  I replaced batteries a few weeks ago after they had been dead for a while.  It seemed to work fine at first, but for the past 2 weeks or so have been terrible.  Even when it does connect, it only live streams for about 3 seconds. And that's only after waiting 20+ seconds to connect.

It's running 1.2.10342 firmware on the wireless cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

joepadraic,

Consider rebooting your base station using the on/off button. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED. Are you still experiencing the same behavior?

JamesC