Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only one Pro receiving notifications but no recording showing in Library. Other cameras work fine.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Dr_Beets
Follower
Follower

Hello

Early convert to Arlo

Have recently (21-02-07) started having one camera send notifications but not show video in library.

Other camera works fine.

Have read of others with the same issue, but generally are later models with Arlo Smart subscriptions.

Tried all the usual resets, remove and re-logs that usually sort the bugs.   

Any ideas?

Regards

Dr_Beets

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on your meaning of "resets", a system reset may or may not help. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If that doesn't work, it sounds like a faulty camera.

GeorgePB
Tutor
Tutor

I have

- VMB4000 base station  1.16.5.0_3774_89fcc16

- three Pro 2 cameras

- one Pro 3 Floodlight camera  1.070.19.3_26_39e29105

- one doorbell

PROBLEM:

The three Pro 2 cameras work fine, as expected -- notifications and Library recordings.

The Pro 3 Floodlight cam was a Christmas present.  

I configured it to WIFI, per installation instructions.
It worked as expected for the three-month subscription trial period - notification, recordings in Arlo app Library.

The trial subscription expired last week, and the Library recordings seized.

The paperwork for the VMB4000 claims the base station is compatible with the Pro 3 Floodlight cam.
I changed the camera Connection from WiFi to Base Station.

Still get Notifications, but NO RECORDINGS to Library.

I deleted all of the connected devices, deleted the Arlo App, factory-reset the VMB4000 base station, disconnected-reconnect the base station power and camera batteries, then rebooted the whole system.

I then re-installed the Arlo app and the base station, and re-added all four cameras and doorbell, re-configuring the Pro 3 Floodlight to connect to the Base Station (rather than WiFi).
The three Pro 2 cameras and Doorbell work correctly - Notifications and Library recordings.
The Pro 3 Floodlight gives Notifications, flashes in the Library tab, then goes back off. Click the Library tab, NO RECORDINGS.

This tells me that the VMB4000 is LIKELY NOT compatible with the Pro 3 Floodlight cam, despite your documented compatibility.

What can you do for me to fix this problem with your product descriptions and compatibilities???

The Pro 3 Floodlight camera worked correctly, as expected, until the software subscription trial expired.  Nothing in the Camera description said the user must maintain a subscription.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@GeorgePB  Since your trial ran out the Pro3 Floodlight requires a subscription for cloud recordings unlike the Pro 2 and older that still have the 7 day cloud. It has nothing to do with your base. 

GeorgePB
Tutor
Tutor

Then, why have a Base Station (VMB4000) with a one terabyte (1TB) USB memory stick inserted and say the Base Station is compatible with the Pro 3 Floodlight?
There is nothing about cloud in that.

The base station claims to store recordings directly in its memory.

dcfox1
Master
Master

You stated you have it connected to wifi so it will not record to the base unless you sync it to that not wifi. You need the cloud for wifi. To sum it up connecting to wifi is different then connecting to the base as it goes to the server. 

willnkaren
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. I have my floodlight synced to my Base Station. All cameras record to USB except Floodlight

GeorgePB
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, maybe my post was unclear.

I said I had the Pro 3 Floodlight cam connected to wifi DURING the free trial period.

When the free trial expired and the recording stopped, I tried everything to get it started again, including resetting the whole system and connecting the Pro 3 Floodlight to the Base Station.

The Pro 3 is

- still connected to the Base Station,

- still giving Notifications,

- still BLINKing once in the Library tab (and going back off), and

- still recording nothing.

Does that make me clearer?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes I did miss you have since connected to the base. When you take the USB out and view the USB in a computer are they there? The 4000 base will not display them in your library like the 4540 and 5000 Smart hubs. You said you were looking in the library so that may be the issue. The 4000 is compatible but not the library function in the app. 

GeorgePB
Tutor
Tutor

The latest files saved on the USB stick are time-stamped from mid-year of last year (2020) ---  a large number (15-20-ish) of subdirectories in the ARLO directory.

As I said, I did not install the Pro 3 Floodlight until December to Wifi.

I did not move the Pro 3 Floodlight directly to the base station until last week - March 2021, after all the mentioned resets.

Since the base station is wired to my router AND the base station has no option to set a system time, I assume the base station gets its system time for those timestamps from the router.

The stored videos were from times when only my older Pro 2 cameras and doorbell were connected to the base station.

The Pro 3 Floodlight does not appear to record to the USB memory.

This is NOT how the documentation promised this system should work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi GeorgePB,

You should be able to get local recordings from your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight when it is connected to your Arlo Pro Base Station (VMB4000): What Arlo SmartHubs or base stations is the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera compatible with?

If you're not receiving any recordings through local storage, make sure you have automatic overwrite enabled so it will delete older recordings when your USB device is below 20% and so it can save new reocrdings. You can read more about it here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

GeorgePB
Tutor
Tutor

Jessica,

My Pro 3 Floodlight is connected to my Base Station.

I have a 2TB USB memory stick inserted in the base station memory slot.

In the Arlo App,  my USB memory stick shows I have used 14.96GB of my 1.91TB memory.  (I have also pulled the memory stick and checked it in my desktop computer.)

I get no notifications about "low memory" -- rightfully so.  I have had, and continue to have, "Overwrite Automatically" turned on.

I get no newer, more recent recordings on the memory stick, than those from earlier last year.

My iPhone DOES get Arlo App Library entries (recordings) from my Pro 2 cameras -- just NO recordings from my Pro 3 Floodlight cam.

I just now reformatted my USB memory stick in the Base Station.

I will see if I get newer recordings than those from last year.