Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion stops working on more than 1 camera after having this for 5 years

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MrGreen420
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all the trouble shooting in the threads, i have had Arlo for 5 years and always had an intermittent issue where motion stops working on more than 1 camera. I am fed up with Arlo not making a viable solution to this nuisance! If motion does not work the camera is worthless period!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can't help if you don't tell us all details. I've had mine since nearly the inception of Arlo and haven't had this problem and it isn't a wide-spread issue so it would seem to be local. Various issues can cause this but first tell us everything you've tried and what your environment, including 2.4GHz wireless (not just WiFi), is like.

MrGreen420
Aspirant
Aspirant
It seems you have an affiliation with Arlo, its not a small issue, its widespread and i know personally a handfull of users who have the same issue. I have 2.4 and 5ghz running. I have tried all troubleshooting from all the threads and suggestions. The best result is a temporary fix until a few days goes by and detection stops again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My "affiliation" is that I've spent too much time on these forums answering questions and trying to help people. I'm retired IT and have never been employed by Arlo or Netgear. That's why I/we ask questions and try to provide insight based on responses which you've ignored.

joupedo
Aspirant
Aspirant
i/we ?

who is the "royal we". ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can't figure out that we're all here to ask and answer questions why are you here? "I" try to help out as much as possible but the entire community ("we") is a wealth of information. After YOU have given "us" all the information.