Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jeshollings
Follower
Follower
I have 3 cameras and for the last 4 days whenever I get a notification it doesn’t show up in my library. I’ve unplugged, turned everything off and on, and updated. Nothing is working. Any advice would be much appreciated
65 REPLIES 65
rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update:

So it was working fine all day yesterday.  Today, it seems like some of my cameras firmware were down rev from 1.092.0.26_48_988 to 1.092.0.25_24_986

3 of my 5 cameras have messages stating to Update your camera's firmware.  Looks like 2 of them automatically got updated.

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update:

The upgrade on the firmware (actually it is a down rev) on the 3 cameras didn't work.  So i had to remove the cameras from my base, re-add them and then the upgrade firmware worked.  Just an annoyance as i had to climb the ladder to re-sync the camera with the base.

Now all cameras have firmware 1.092.0.25_24_986.  

Everything seems to be working.

nope123
Star
Star
@jguerdat. I would be nice if you would apologize to everyone on the thread for denying their issues now that a firmware update has helped many users with the problem. We should all learn a lesson fro. This thread that its important to listen to others with respect.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Can you download the latest Version of the Arlo app 2.19.2 & test again?

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Seems to be working.  I did upgrade the app, didn't know there was a new one.  So maybe that was the cause of why i couldn't down rev the firmware.

But so far all is good with the latest app.  

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Status of my 4 cameras, post base station firmware update:

Camera 1 - Offline. Need to climb up and apparently re-pair it in order to do anything with it.

Camera 2 - Firmware 1.092.0.26_48_988, no updates available.

Camera 3 - Downgraded itself automatically from 1.092.0.26_48_988 to 1.092.0.25_24_986.

Camera 4 - Running firmware 1.092.0.26_48_988; pending update notification to downgrade to to 1.092.0.25_24_986. Hit the update button; 20 minutes later, it apparently failed because the update notice is back.

World class firmware update process from start to finish, Arlo. SMDH.

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

@paulmike3   what i did to get it to work was:

1. remove the camera from the base

2. add camera back to base (this will allow you to upgrade the firmware)

3. Update firmware

Yea, i agree, not the smoothest way to role out firmware...

gpub2014
Initiate
Initiate

1) I have Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, and Video doorbell

2-3) Base Station(VMB3500r4) Firmware: 1.12.2.7_7_dd3c705, Video Doorbell(

AVD1001Ar1.2) Firmware: 1.14.0.0_699_c71b2c6_0343820, Arlo Pro(H5) Frimware: 1.092.0.25_24_986, 3 Arlo Pro 2(H3) Firmware: 1.125.14.0_34_1189
4) Arlo App Version 2.19.2
5) I receive notifations on my phone of recordings of my cameras detection motion BUT there are NO recording in the library from ANY of my devices on my APP or WEB PORTAL.

PLEASE FIX! this has been weeks with thousands of other users reporting the same issue!

lterry968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems, like this is an on going problem looking in all the Arlo Community threads.  I have 3 cameras, all are fully charged, all pick up motion detection, none of them record after 7 PM?  I do not have it on a schedule.  I spent 1 1/2 hours yesterday waiting to actually speak to support yesterday.  I was told to unplug the batteries and plug them back in.  All my cameras are hardwired.  They all detect motion and audio, but there is no recordings in the Library, and there is no motion detected in the evening (which is the main purpose of having a camera right).

I see a thread about this, in 2017, and 2019.  Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,

lterry968

STLOkie
Aspirant
Aspirant
My father picked up a new 4 camera Pro 2 set. I tried to help him set these up, which I thought would be easy as I have an older set myself. We are having the exact same issue here. We get notifications, can view live feeds but nothing gets saved to the library.

All firmware is current. Tried removing and replacing batteries. Removing and adding camera again. It will save to USB. We did spend 3 hours on the phone with Arlo support trying several other items. Still no progress.

We even returned the newly purchased camera (per Arlo’s recommendation) and even after setting up a complete new camera system doing the same troubleshooting we have the same issue.

We are at a loss. Any help is appreciated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As a test, remove one of the cameras and resync it to see if that helps. What mode are you using - the default Armed or a custom one? If a custom mode, be sure to re-add that camera's rule.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

STLOkie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the additional items.  We are using the basic "Armed" mode.  I did previously try removing and then adding cameras.  The issue still persists.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with your videos not appearing in the library?

Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo app 2.20 installed.

Bfarley6781
Initiate
Initiate

Yes. I am still experiencing this issue. I have the latest version of the Arlo app as well.

I will receive a notification that motion has been detected. When I open the app, I show that I have 1 video in my library. Upon opening the library, there is no video.

SJ998
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my cameras for a couple years and initially I was very happy with them. 

The past few months I've begun having issues that are increasing in severity. Camera actions (on/off/view) that take 2, 3, or 4 times to take effect and have very significant delays.  Not receiving camera alerts.  Receiving camera alerts but not getting video in the library. Seeing cameras as "on" on the home page when they're not on.  I can't trust the system at all.

I contacted support via chat and was met with a complete lack of troubleshooting skills. I ended the session when I was asked to essentially reset and rebuild my entire network, including the Arlo base, and to delete and reinstall the app on 3 separate IOS devices that all have the same issue.  My time is worth more than it would cost to set up a new system from someone else.  The support rep even had the gall to suggest I test using an Android phone, knowing I was an IOS customer.  All of this was after I'd very specifically asked if there were known issues with the IOS app and was told no.

Bad support experience aside, the lack of acknowledgement of issues with the IOS app, combined with the longevity and progressive nature of the issues, and being unable to trust that the cameras are on or will alert me about activity, means that not only would I never recommend this product to anyone, but I'm looking for an immediate replacement.

Zero stars for support, zero stars for the product, zero stars for company character.  Let's see how many places I can find to express my opinion. 

Arlo, if you want to repair your relationship with your IOS customers, start with an acknowledgement and description of the issues and a full apology for treating customers like cattle, including a statement of commitment and a timeline to fix the problems, then follow up with regular communications about progress until the problems are resolved.  Unfortunately, based on what I've read, I have no expectation that you'll step up to the plate.   I'd challenge you to prove me wrong, but I but my attention will be focused on finding a replacement.