Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Incorrect mode status on iPhone. Shows as armed when it's already disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jcubex
Follower
Follower

I have 5 cameras and they seem to be behaving weirdly since last 2 months on iPhones. This is happening for me as well my neighbours. 

Problem is when we go out we Arm the house - mode armed. When we come back we Disarm - Mode Disarmed. However as soon as u enter the house it triggers the siren, because although it showed Disarmed it is still armed. I log back in into the app it is showing Disarmed. I click disarmed / armed again and again and then it sets it right. 

It is happening on my phone and my wife's phone as well.. Weirdly my neighbour a few doors down the road is also having the same problem and is also using iPhone. We need to be able to reply on this if it is security.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that the slight delay in setting the mode is causing this - you set the mode but it takes a little bit to actually set. In addition, the app takes a few seconds to fully initialize so setting the mode may not work if you try to do it too fast (I've done this many times). I always wait for the Devices card to show all icons before trying to do anything.

You may want to consider trying the geofencing mode instead. Use Disarmed for Home and Armed for Away.