Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jeshollings
Follower
Follower
I have 3 cameras and for the last 4 days whenever I get a notification it doesn’t show up in my library. I’ve unplugged, turned everything off and on, and updated. Nothing is working. Any advice would be much appreciated
65 REPLIES 65
nope123
Star
Star
Unfortunately this is netgear arlo support. The only way to get their attention is more reports, more comments and more support for the issues. Calling will sink hours of your life down the drain. Report dismissive comments like the first super user comment claiming it's not a firmware update and comment comment comment. Speak up here to get their attention.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

I have a few questions for the thread:

• Which Model/Cameras are affected by this?
  • Which Device/Model are you experiencing this issue with?
  • What OS version is the device running
  • Which version of the Arlo app are you using?
  • Do the videos appear in the library over the web portal?
nope123
Star
Star
Happens both online web portal and on the app.  Version of base on thread.  Pro and Pro2 cameras BOTH.  There are no recordings anywhere.  There are no live connections anywhere.  Time out on portal.  Spinning circle on app.  Since this is not an app problem I'm not supplying the app information.  

Version
2.19.1_1
Released
8/19/2020

Firmware1.16.3.0_3541_dfa97b7
HardwareVMB4000r3
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which Model/Cameras are affected by this? Arlo Pro, hardware H8

Which Device/Model are you experiencing this issue with? Cameras above; Base station model VMB4000r3

What OS version is the device running? Camera firmware 1.092.0.26_48_988; Base station firmware 1.16.3.0_3541_dfa97b7

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? Issue with both web portal and Android app. 2.12_28100, released 8/12/2020

Do the videos appear in the library over the web portal? Nope. Nor do the cameras connect for the live feed. Just like the app, it spins then says can't connect.  But camera status shows they are connected to the base station.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

As usual, a bunch of time wasting useless questions, all answers or any answer doesn’t change anything.

I’m having same problem with one of my Pro cameras, suddenly recordings do not appear any where after notifications, at same time cannot live view.

Questions asked by Arlo seem to be just a waste of time, when you’re experiencing same problem with Android, iOS and Windows, have your latest firmware and app version installed.

Only valid question should be, as usual, “why is this happening and what Arlo component failed this time?”.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Looks like some videos are now starting to show up in library, not all just some.

Out of six notifications I was only able to see two videos, where in hell are the other ones going and how many of Arlo servers are down?

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm over 2 days with no recordings, and can't view live feeds. All cameras show connected and getting notifications. The entire video and recording mechanism is hosed.

They've got 4 days left to fix it before I dump Arlo for good and move on.
Banehogg
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. For 2 or my 4 cameras, I get notification alert from iOS-app, but no video recorded, and no email notification sent. If I try to stream from the two cameras, I get "the device failed to connect, please try again".

Also, one of my other cameras has started going offline all the time, then maybe back next day. Power cycling sometimes helps for a bit, sometimes not.

This has been going on the the past couple of weeks. What a **bleep**show.

nope123
Star
Star
Unfortunately the tedious questions are netgear protocol since they outsource cheap labor. They're required to check their boxes to do their job. Call them. It will drive you nuts. Comment comment comment. That and report comments like the first one from the super user who is dismissive and tried to shut down the root problem in the first comment saying it's not a widespread problem. The more support is more evidence that arlo is not meeting their requirements guaranteed with purchases of products. You'll have all the support you need for a return or small claims if you want to take it that far
nope123
Star
Star
Nailed it! Shouldn't take this long to patch the fix either. Keep complaining! Power in numbers
RWEED
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 2 Camera's (out of 5) constantly going offline, and when they are online nothing is saved in the library but I do get notifications.  This has been about 2 weeks now. I Have tried everything from re-syncing each camera, to factory resetting the entire system, nothing works for more than a few hours then back to offline. I'm dead in the water, blind as a bat. Arlo please release a fix or roll back.

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nothing works...

Base firmware:

1.16.3.0_3541_dfa97b7

Camera firmware:

1.092.0.26_48_988

App:

squidOfDoom
Initiate
Initiate

Same here, nothing is working since around two weeks ago...

Base firmware:

1.16.3.0_3541_dfa97b7

Camera firmware:

1.092.0.26_48_988

App:

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've contacted support all last week, gave them updates, and heard nothing from them.  Just like one user stated, a waste of a day.  I provided my case number with everything i've done and they still tell me to do the exact same thing.  I don't know if they are thinking the problem will go away???  

There seems to be more people experiencing the same issue. I really hope Arlo acknowledges the problem.  I can understand and be patient if that was the response that i got.  But from them to deny that there is a problem, asking me to upgrade to a newer camera..that is what bothers me the most.

Clemens63
Guide
Guide
  • Which Model/Cameras are affected by this?  Arlo Pro - 2 out of 4 of my cameras are having this issue routinely in the last week or so
  • Which Device/Model are you experiencing this issue with?  Hardware H8
  • What OS version is the device running.  Occurs in both Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 and iPhone 11  iOS 13.6.1
  • Which version of the Arlo app are you using?  iOS 2.19 (990) from Aug 8, 2020
  • Do the videos appear in the library over the web portal?  No - can't review on either iPhone or laptop

Issues has extended to no only not recording, but now 2 out of 4 are Offline repeatedly and even with restart they show up for a period of time and then go offline again. Extremely frustrating!

Rob221
Initiate
Initiate

Same issues. After being gone for a week discovered that my cameras had not been working for at least 4 days in that time. 2 days ago no recordings again in the library. Checked the sd card and have dozens of recordings on all days, i would say less than 10% were uploaded. Of that 10%, 2 of 5 cameras uploaded the other 3 did not. Have a smart hub updated to latest firmware version and 4 pro ultra cameras, 1 arlo pro 2 and 1 arlo pro. Interestingly the package I bought two years ago was 4 ultras and the base, the ultras are the ones not uploading at all right now.  With all the issues I am seriously considering dumping my almost 2 grand worth of arlo junk and buying something else. By the way the cvr program is an absolute joke, trying to find certain activity on the continuous recording is utterly impossible. Honestly i have had countless issues with this stuff over 2 years and would not recommend it to anyone. 

Clemens63
Guide
Guide

My problem is almost identical to yours (I almost thought I wrote it, it sounded so close).  I went from alerting/not recording to now having the issue of losing connection (upon trying base station restarts to try to get the problem fixed).  Hearing nothing from Arlo on this is frustrating... at this point I won't be recommending to anyone anytime soon to go this vendor's route.

nope123
Star
Star
@jguerdat. Would you like to change you message. I'm now on three threads with 15+ people having the same issue. Notifications, no recording and no live camera. That's a widespread problem
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've recommended Arlo to many friends and family over the years. In 3 days, if this isn't resolved, in addition to buying a new system and selling this junk, I'll be making a point to reach out to everyone I've previously recommended Arlo to, and insisting they reconsider my prior guidance.

Additionally, I'm considering reaching out to my contacts in the tech industry press to publicize Arlo's lack of care for their remaining customers.

I've gone this route with Google and let's just say I'm expecting my class action check any day now. Don't underestimate the power consumers have once the press is involved.
nope123
Star
Star
@paulmike3. More of this please and thank you. Love the ideas and actions
rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looks like they pushed a new Base firmware

1.16.3.1_3561_ed3ad81

I don't know if you need to remove all your cameras and add them back in or not.  But it didn't put the cameras online or anything.  All my cameras are still offline and not connected.

But i guess its a start.  When i get some time today, i'll try removing the battery on the camera to see if that works.  

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update:

So i needed to remove and re-add the camera to the base.  Things look promising, after re-adding the cameras, i can now view live stream, motion works and its being recorded on all cameras.  Before only some would work.  So lets see how long this will hold up.  

Before after a few hours, things would go back to normal.  So i'll update after a few hours to see how things are going.

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Clarification: What i meant when i said "it would go back to normal" that means it went back to not working.

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the update, @rheng. My base station updated to the same firmware also.  I'm rebooting my base station to see if it automatically reconnects the disconnected cameras.  I've done this dozens of times over the last couple weeks and some reconnect after reboot, but fail within a few hours again. 

Will post my results after a few hours.

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

@paulmike3 i tried rebooting the base first and that didn't work for me.  Hopefully you it'll work for you.  It'll save you some time.