Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jeshollings
Follower
Follower
I have 3 cameras and for the last 4 days whenever I get a notification it doesn’t show up in my library. I’ve unplugged, turned everything off and on, and updated. Nothing is working. Any advice would be much appreciated
65 REPLIES 65
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jeshollings

Is it possible to remove the cameras from Settings > my devices > Re-add them and test again?

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I have one of 4 Ultra cameras that has stopped sending a video capture/snapshot with the alert. It used to but doesn't any more and I'm not sure when it stopped but possibly a few weeks ago. The other three ultras send message and snapshot ok.

I've power cycled both the suspect camera and the base station but no luck.

Any ideas?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @pjama

Are you still experiencing this issue with your camera not recording to the library?

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

Oops I've some how posted this as a reply rather tan a new post. Apologies for unintentional hijack.

But to answer @ShayneS question as to if it's still happening: No I noticed today that it's back to attaching a video capture to the app alert. I don't exactly when it fixed itself and no idea why but I suspect it was yesterday.

Bfarley6781
Initiate
Initiate
I receive notifications that our Arlo Pro 2 cameras has picked up motion. When I open the app to check on it, the notification shows 1 in the library, however, there are no notifications.
nope123
Star
Star

This needs to be reopened. Cameras dont record. I get notifications but nothing records. I fo live and connect wheel spins until timeout. This is an arlo firmware issue. This happens an inch from base unit.

Arlo fix this issue that has been reported repeatedly since January 2020

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Cameras-Timing-Out-Only-view-10-minutes-Times-out-on-PC-...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would appear to NOT be a firmware issue since it's not widespread - certainly not an issue here. Tell use exactly what you've tried and see. Give any details about your account and subscriptions that may be pertinent.

nope123
Star
Star
8 pages of comments is a widespread problem.
nope123
Star
Star
Arlo acknowledged the problem and attempted to fix. That's why they pushed an update and posted on the thread. It's a problem.
nope123
Star
Star
Issue still persisting in screenshot. Firmware is up to date. Happens with full bars on wifi 10 inches to 10 feet. It's the same problem as previous thread
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @nope123

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Firmware 1.092.0.26_48_988.

So i get a motion detection, but no recording.  I restarted the base, took out the batteries multiple times and it'll work for a day, then goes back to this state.  It started happening last week.  

It doesn't happen to all the cameras.  Only a few of them.  I go through the process of restarting and pulling the batteries to fix this issue.  This is crazy to be doing this on a regular basis to get my camera to record.  Is there an issue with this firmware?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rheng

Have you happened to try and remove the cameras from Settings >  My devices > Re-add them?

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes.  I did that. And that will work for a day, then it'll stop working.  I won't be able to view a live feed.  I spoke with support yesterday and they said my base is conjested.  They suggested i reboot my router.  I did that and 4 of my cameras came back online and it seemed to be happy, but one camera was offline and i can't access it.

Normally how i fix it is i need to remove the batter off the camera and have it resync.  But then a day later, i'll get a motion detection, but nothing gets recorded.  So back to removing the battery.  I've been having to do that a lot lately which defeats the purpose of having a camera when it doesn't record anything.  I'm so close to just taking down all the arlos and throwing them away.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you notified the support team that your camera is continually having the issue, after all the troubleshooting steps they had you perform? You may use the in app support feature for convenience. You can locate this within Settings > Support

Clemens63
Guide
Guide

I've had my Arlo Pro 4 camera system for several years, and with a few minor issues have been generally satisfied.  In the last couple of weeks, 2 of the cameras are sending alerts but when we check they aren't recording - or they record some times and not others.  When you try to connect to these 2 cameras - which always have worked before - they now fail to connect.  Yet they  are online.  

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same exact issues with all 4 of my Arlo Pro cameras. Started in the last 1-2 weeks.

Base station restart usually resolves for a little while, but within hours, same issues again. Sometimes the cameras just stay permanently disconnected after a reboot.

About to throw this junk out and move to a company that QAs their updates before pushing them out.
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issues with my Arlo Pro cams. Rebooting the base station may resolve temporarily, but not always. Right now, 3 of my 4 cams have disconnected and won't reconnect after multiple base station reboots.

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is an issue.  I've been with support for 3 days now and they've basically told me the exact same thing.  Follow the sheet they have and provide no real solution.

I removed all my cameras from the base.  Factory reset the base, added the cameras back and was working for about an hour or so, and then back to the same issue.  I've been doing this for the past 3 days now.

Support tried to tell me to upgrade to a newer camera...***?  

Stuff that has been happening:

1. Can't live stream

2. Motion detected, but no recording

nope123
Star
Star
Did this 5x. Its firmware or last update damaged the devices
nope123
Star
Star
Same here. One by one they stopped working. I have one device able to live stream and record. 4 don't
nope123
Star
Star
Same here. It's a firmware issue. This doesnt just happen to several people with exact same experience out of nowhere.
nope123
Star
Star
To moderator.

All the things everyone else has tried. Turn off, un pair, reset. Others are experience the exact same issues. One camera at a time this happened. Clearly an update was pushed to cause this fault in several people at the same time. Please go back a version or fix this asap. Two weeks without recording or live strean
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Something has changed. We need Arlo to address what we are all saying and seeing ASAP.

I'm seriously about to dump Arlo for a reliable brand. I'm giving them a week. This is ridiculous that it's not acknowledged or resolved yet.