Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No notifications with new App (Android)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
matsuson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry if this question has been beat to death.

I have a 2-camera Arlo Pro set up and using my Android phone to monitor it.

Ever since I have had the new app installed, I do not receive notifications.  If I launch the app to view my videos, I will start to receive notifications for a little bit, then it will stop.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app with no luck.  Cleared the memory in the App settings of my phone, but still no go.

Anyone else run into this with a successful fix?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are these normal notifications or Smart ones? For the former, make sure the phone settings for the app is to NOT optimize battery which can cause this. Smart notifications seem unaffected by this setting for some reason. 

That said, I've also noted that sometimes the notifications come quickly but not at other times. Waking the phone gets them all but we shouldn't have to do that.

Southernguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I've downloaded the new app my cameras pick up but don't notify me of motion.  Also when I look at the library it doesn't show any motion was detected, but when clicking on the library icon, whatever the cameras have picked up shows up.  In other words the cameras are useless as I don't have any idea when someone or something has crossed my cameras.  What's the problem.  I've downloaded and deleted the new app several times?  The memo that I received from the ARLO web site state to download the new app and not miss anything--that was a huge mistake as my cameras are now worthless and I miss everything.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Southernguy

I have a few questions for you regarding the missing push notifications.

What device/phone are you experiencing this issue with?

What is the device OS version?

What is the Arlo app version you are using?

matsuson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. I turned off the battery optimization and it has been working for the past few days without any issues. Thanks!

Didn't realize I had a couple other replies. I never got a notification in my email for them