Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No motion after recharge.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DrexelLake
Guide
Guide

My motion stopped working after recharging the battery.  I turned the camera off.  Recharged, placed it back and turned it back on.  I made no changes.  As far as I can tell the settings look normal.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view and manually record? is the running man for the camera in the Devices tab black or gray?

DrexelLake
Guide
Guide

Everything seems to be working again. Except that for some reason the area of the sensor is not accurate.  I have it pointed down my driveway to the street and have it pointed down enough so that cars going by don't trigger it.  People can walk all the way down the driveway to my house about 20 feet, but all that shows up is them walking out of the picture towards my front door.  No video until they're leaving the area of coverage.  Crazy. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be worth removing the camera from Settings, My Deevices and resync.

DrexelLake
Guide
Guide

I've tried that.  I also suspected the battery when new.  I recharged to 100% and it's already down to 94% in about 36 hours with only 25 events.  It definitely drains faster than my other cameras. Maybe I need to return it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DrexelLake,

You could try to swap locations with one of your other cameras to see if a different camera behaves the same way in that location. It could be a problem at the cameras position.

JamesC

DrexelLake
Guide
Guide

I'm thinking fo doing that, but I'm bed ridden for a while.  Just had a knee replaced. My guess is it's dying faster because it farther from the base. Using more power to pick up the wifi signal.