Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App questions, too many notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Timmye
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just got 2 Arlo Pro's. They are great! But when I have the motion sensor on, we literally get notifications ALL day. I have my notifications set to quiet, but I have deleted over 150 just from today. If we don't have the motion sensor on, how else can we watch video?? I can only see where we can watch the 10 second clips from motion activation, or we can watch live. But I do not get how we can just go back and watch video if we don't have the motion on. I am confused 🙂 thank you for your help in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have two methods to see what's going on - 1) watch the videos in your library which shows parts of the past based on motion detection and 2) live viewing which shows you right now.  There's no way to watch anything else with the Pro cameras.  The new Pro 2, if AC powered, can be set up with CVR which allows you to see the whole stream from the past.

It also sounds like you need to investigate setting up custom modes so you get exactly what you want, when you want it. There are FAQs here that explicitly step you through the process but quickly, use the Mode tab, select your base and check out the Armed mode.  Add a new custom mode that has the exact settings, including notifications (or not). You can then automate the mode switching using the schedule.

Timmye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thank you so much! Sounds like I just need to take more time and set things up in my app. I appreciate your info.