Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No auto brightness?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vasht1s
Tutor
Tutor
I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I return this. At night I have to have the setting on 4 of 5 in order to see everything, but during the day I need it needs to be 2 of 5 in order to not be a solid white picture outside of my houses' shadow. The camera obviously has the capability to detect light changes because it has auto night vision why can it not adjust brightness as well?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vasht1s
Tutor
Tutor
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd guess that it's a distance thing.  The built-in IR illuminators simply won't cast far.  Additional exterior lighting, whether normal or IR, could help. Post screenshots so we can see what's up.

Vasht1s
Tutor
Tutor
Adjust the brightness works fine just the problem is I have to change every morning or it's horrible, today is a overcast and you can still see how it's basically unviewable at the nighttime brightness setting, attacked is a image with a blue number reflecting the brightness setting
stevez2436
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same problem as Vasht1s. 

At night, I have to crank my brighness up to max in order to see anything. But, if I leave it at that high setting, the next morning the image is completely whited out. 

It appears that the software does not automatically adjust the iris of the camera to distinguish between day and night.  It's a real pain in the butt to have to keep manually changing the brightness every morning/night in order for the camera to capture a decent image.

Vasht1s
Tutor
Tutor
Returned today