Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Astronomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Started today April 4, 2020.  After I first noticed this I rebooted my phone and it seemed to be working only hours later the same.  No notifications to my phone but my wife's phone gets them.  I'm using a Galaxy S7 and she has a Motorola Moto Z Play Droid.  Ver 2.14.0_27056 Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available from the app store now that should resolve this issue. Please make sure you've updated to the latest version available.  For more information, take a look here: Arlo Android Mobile app 2.14.1 

JamesC

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Same here. Samsung Note 10. Wife has Note 10 as well. No visual or audible notifications. Nothing. Seems the update is screwed up for Samsung phones. Great... Arlo Imbeciles at work again!

Taxnfools
Initiate
Initiate
Same here. No notifications on mine. Galaxy S8 on Arlo Pro 2. Wife's works, hasn't updated Arlo app. Mine doesn't, updated this morning.
Astronomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got on chat and I think I found the solution.  Goto settings > notifications> go to notifications> notifications.  If under notifications it says no sound, tap on no sound.  Under importance tap on no sound then tap on either high or urgent.  Medium has no sound.  Why it defaulted to no sound is beyond me.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary
See, that's what gets me with those "updates" made by inept "engineers" that render the while thing USELESS.
How on earth did they NOT NOTICE that this breaks notifications. There is NO WAY this has been tested a single time!
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary
And the fact that you can't go back. Give us an option to reverse the update!
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary
Android 10 doesn't have these settings. Besides, there is no visible popup notifications anymore either. I side loaded the previous version and it works just fine.
Astronomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well just tested it again and it no longer is working.

JTR1
Tutor
Tutor

Since Arlo app updated to version 2.14.0_27056 today April 4 I do not receive push notifications. I have tried restarting and resetting base stations and reinstalling cameras and reinstalling the app on my Samsung gs7, doesn't work on my wife's phone either. All the functions work properly and I receive email notifications but no push notifications. It all started today after the updated app was installed. Any ideas? Just wait until Arlo comes out with another update?

Ahzoov
Tutor
Tutor

Everything worked fine yesterday, all three lights notified me and so did the camera, but now, NOTHING.

And what's with the Phone Number in my settings? It's not mine. Are my notifications going to someone else?

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Get previous version from APK MIrror and all is good. Those imbeciles are staggering...

JonBarb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I stopped receiving notifications. Nothing was changed or added/removed. Not even sure if it was after charging the batteries. 4 cameras all in fine working order, and the videos are all saving to the library with no issues however I am not getting the notifications.
Astronomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

ralfyguy1 how does one go about replacing the new update?

dclark1946
Initiate
Initiate

Installed the same version on my older Samsung Tab S and it would not function at all. Had to uninstall and reinstall and it functions but the devices screen is blank with a play arrow on a grey background unless you select live video. Not installing this newest (Apr. 4) version on my newer devices until an update is released.

Mide_
Guide
Guide
I have the same issue since the lastest update, I won't get any push notifications. Please fix this asap Arlo.
Ahzoov
Tutor
Tutor

I should include this.

I got them to work by disarming them and then re-arming them, but this morning, when I let the dogs out, nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible it's on the server side, your app or your system. Since you have lights, you obviously have a base (this is the Go section which doesn't have a base) so reboot it as well as your phone. You may also want to reinstall the app.  If it's the server side, all you can do is wait or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Stentz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issues
Ahzoov
Tutor
Tutor

I will do all that. 

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same issue but I was able to fix it!

A Arlo base reset/restart and a phone restart fixed the problem for me.

Arlo, please make the app work after an update.

For me the problem started after I updated to the newest Android Arlo app.

Or inform users to restart the base and/or phone when it is needed after an app update!

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Havent been getting alerts/notifications for about 12 hours. What's up with the software?
jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have several ultra and Pro2 that are no longer recording since the latest update. I rebooted the base stations and some came back. I tried removing a pro2 camera and adding it back again and it fails at naming the camera. 

Rito2
Guide
Guide

I am having the same problem. My notification just stopped working today. Emailed support and waiting for a response. Arlo please fix this issue ASAP

Brianly213
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. No push notifications since the update. Same with my wife.
Waiting for the next update in the cycle is not an option. Unless Arlo is fixing this bug ASAP I need to downgrade to the last version. Hiw do I do that?
jahs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem as everyone else. The only thing I'll add is that sometimes notifications pop up when the actual Arlo app is open... The whole queue of them in a nanosecond.