Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
00ooo00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have an Arlo pro camera in my nursery. In the middle of the night the camera syncs and there's a bright blue light followed by lots of blinking. It can possibly cause an epilepsy episode, it's so bright and quick.

Anyway, I turned off the camera LED option on the app but this is still happening. I'm guessing it's because the option in the app is for battery indication only.

How can I turn off the blinking blue light for syncing?
5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@00ooo00

I don't believe that there is a way to turn the LEDs off as they are a warning that an upgrade is happening and for the user not to remove power from the camera.If Arlo would allow us to choose when to perform the upgrade that would solve a lot of problems.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a switch in Settings to turn off the charged LED. The only other times the LED should flash or be illuminated is when syncing or updating. If that's not what's happening, I'd suggest removing the camera from Settings, My Devices. Remove and reinstall the battery. Sync the camera again and make sure the LED switch is turned off I Settings. Might be worth power cycling the base, too.

regisk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, jguerdat. Actually, this is happening to me as well, and I'm in the exact same situation, with the camera in the nursery. I do believe the quick blue flashing happens when syncing or updating, but that seems to happen quite often (multiple nights per week). What happens is that the led will flash bright blue very rapidly, and multiple back-to-back times. Is it possible to simply disable any LED feedback, as it's not very meaningful anyway?

If not, I strongly suggest the Arlo designers and engineers to add this option to a future firmware release, as the lack of control over not very meaningful feedback is quite frustrating. If I don't find another way, I will just stick a piece of electric tape in front of the LED, but that won't look so good, will it?

Thanks

00ooo00
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did the electrical tape and cut it to match the black area. Works well. You can't tell from the distance that it's on there.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely not a firmware things or everyone's cameras would do this. If power cycling the base and removing and resyncing the camera doesn't help, open a case with support for a faulty camera.