Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hannahnana105
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 cameras.  I moved and remaned some cameras.  The name of the camera shown on Settings/Shared Devices are the names I want.  When I go to Mode/Add to schedule different recording times for each camera, the names are different (the original camera name).

Also, I can't get the record times to stick.  I want to schedule 4 of the cameras for 12am - 4am, and the front door 5am-6pm.  Everytime I set and save the individual camera, schedule the next one, go back to the first one and it has reverted back to Monday 4am-5am.

The first screen that shows the entire week and 1am-11pm will only show 2 cameras:   The front porch and the last 12am-4am camera I scheduled.  However, when I click on the camera from the week schedule, it does show the correct record time, but not when I click on the Add. When I click Add,  Armed is checked, and when I check to program another camera is when it shows Monday 4am-5am, even if I select the camera shown on the week schedule as correct.   I'm pulling my hair out!!  What am I doing wrong???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Hannahnana105 wrote:

I have 5 cameras.  I moved and remaned some cameras.  The name of the camera shown on Settings/Shared Devices are the names I want.  When I go to Mode/Add to schedule different recording times for each camera, the names are different (the original camera name).

Also, I can't get the record times to stick.  I want to schedule 4 of the cameras for 12am - 4am, and the front door 5am-6pm.  Everytime I set and save the individual camera, schedule the next one, go back to the first one and it has reverted back to Monday 4am-5am.

The first screen that shows the entire week and 1am-11pm will only show 2 cameras:   The front porch and the last 12am-4am camera I scheduled.  However, when I click on the camera from the week schedule, it does show the correct record time, but not when I click on the Add. When I click Add,  Armed is checked, and when I check to program another camera is when it shows Monday 4am-5am, even if I select the camera shown on the week schedule as correct.   I'm pulling my hair out!!  What am I doing wrong???

I’m having trouble following your description of your camera scheduling problem.  From your description of your desired end-state, I would create a mode for the four cameras and name it appropriately (eg. 4Cameras).  Then create a mode for your Front Door camera and names that (eg. FrontDoor). Then edit your schedule and delete whatever is in there.  Add your “4Cameras” Mode for 12:00 AM to 4:00 AM.  Then add your “FrontDoor” Mode to the schedule for 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM.  Make sure the schedule applies to all seven days of the week.

4759ECA9-9F0C-4276-8704-E8ADAFACE1B4.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is this in the app? If so, which platform? iOS or Android?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera names on an account that was granted access don't change when the primary account renames them. This is so the person who was granted access can name them for his/her own preference. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Hannahnana105 wrote:

I’m having trouble following your description of your camera scheduling problem.  From your description of your desired end-state, I would create a mode for the four cameras and name it appropriately (eg. 4Cameras).  Then create a mode for your Front Door camera and names that (eg. FrontDoor). Then edit your schedule and delete whatever is in there.  Add your “4Cameras” Mode for 12:00 AM to 4:00 AM.  Then add your “FrontDoor” Mode to the schedule for 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM.  Make sure the schedule applies to all seven days of the week.

4759ECA9-9F0C-4276-8704-E8ADAFACE1B4.png

Hannahnana105
Aspirant
Aspirant

It shows that way on both my laptop and ISO iPhone.

Hannahnana105
Aspirant
Aspirant

You understood perfectly!!  Thank you so much.  I got  the 2 times and associated cameras set up.  Thanks again and for your quick response.  I really appreciate it!!

Hannahnana105
Aspirant
Aspirant

Makes sense.  I'll change them on the primary account.

Thank You!!!!

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Hannahnana105 wrote:

You understood perfectly!!  Thank you so much.  I got  the 2 times and associated cameras set up.  Thanks again and for your quick response.  I really appreciate it!!

You are welcome.  Glad I could help.

Hannahnana105
Aspirant
Aspirant

(I think I previously replied to the wrong person.  I'm new at this.)