Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Kiemosabi
Follower
Follower

I have 3 Arlo Pros mounted outside.  Is it possible to setup multiple modes?  Meaning, I would like to have 2 cameras set to "Armed" so that they auto trigger with motion.  However, I have a 3rd camera that I want to put on a schedule so that it only comes on in the middle of the night.  Is this at all possible?  it appears It's all or nothing.  Either all 3 are "armed" or all 3 have to be on same schedule.  The camera i want to be middle of the night only captures my driveway and street.  if it's armed all day it goes off so much that i'm literally getting 5 days max out of charge.  Not going to charge it weekly.  Please help.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

Kiemosabi wrote:

I have 3 Arlo Pros mounted outside.  Is it possible to setup multiple modes?  Meaning, I would like to have 2 cameras set to "Armed" so that they auto trigger with motion.  However, I have a 3rd camera that I want to put on a schedule so that it only comes on in the middle of the night.  Is this at all possible?  it appears It's all or nothing.  Either all 3 are "armed" or all 3 have to be on same schedule.  The camera i want to be middle of the night only captures my driveway and street.  if it's armed all day it goes off so much that i'm literally getting 5 days max out of charge.  Not going to charge it weekly.  Please help.  Thanks.

Hi Kiemosabi,

You can definitely setup multiple schedules to achieve the above.  I currently run a similar setup to what you are asking for.

Here's how:

1- Create a mode that only includes your 2 daytime cameras.  Configure it however you see fit, then call it something like "Outside Daytime Schedule".

2- Create a mode that includes all 3 cameras.  Configure it however you see fit and call it something like "Outside Nightime Schedule".

3- Now go to the Schedule mode and click on + Add.  You should have the option of selecting your newly created modes for every schedule you make.

In our case, when creating the schedule, this is what you should do:

Click on + Add

1- Select "Outside Nightime Shedule".

2- Select all days of the week (I'm assuming here).

3- Select 12:00 AM as Start Time.

4- Select 5:30 AM as End Time (again assuming there is already daylight at your location).

5- Select Save.

Click on + Add

1- Select "Outside Daytime Shedule".

2- Select all days of the week.

3- Select 5:31 AM as Start Time.

4- Select 6:30 PM as End Time (assuming this is your night time).

5- Select Save.

Click on + Add

1- Select "Outside Nightime Shedule".

2- Select all days of the week (I'm assuming here).

3- Select 6:31 PM as Start Time.

4- Select 11:59 PM as End Time.

5- Select Save.

Hope this helps out!