Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After night vision troubles and told to resync, neither camera resyncs. Now what?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Note I have the latest updates, blah blah.

Got the base station and two camera package from Amazon last week.  Setup went smooth, installed the two cameras, started getting the "Night Vision/Live View or motion triggering multiple alerts.  Started a trouble ticket.

Did the hide in drawer thing.  Replicated the behavior from outside using the Live View.

Was told to resync each camera.  Neither one resyncs, or at least shows up in my "cluster".  The sequence of blinking lights indicates they both DID sync, I just can't see them in either the web browser or the android app.

What next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

UPDATE.  I reset the comcast cable modem, then reset the Netgear wireless router, then reset the Arlo base station, and I successfully resynched both cameras again.  Tonight, I will try the set motion detection to 1 and place in dark drawer and retest procedure again.  After that, it's on the phone to discuss working replacements or some sense of the firmware fixes hopefully looming in the near future.

Otherwise, I need to view Night Vision live, turn the camera off, then on again to avoid the multiple alerts.  Well, until the next cat crosses the camera's path...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The normal procedure would be

1) power button recycle the base ( check )

2) from SETTINGS use Remove Device and bring the cameras back as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry, tried that twice.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry too, cause not much left other than to doa a full reset of the base and start over as new

Have you been in contact wiht Support...maybe pick that thread back up if so.

Morse is faster than texting!
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, I sent "Lyn" a note indicating all the suggestions have made things worse.  I'm waiting to hear back before doing the factory reset thing.  what a pain in the tush this has been.

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

UPDATE.  I reset the comcast cable modem, then reset the Netgear wireless router, then reset the Arlo base station, and I successfully resynched both cameras again.  Tonight, I will try the set motion detection to 1 and place in dark drawer and retest procedure again.  After that, it's on the phone to discuss working replacements or some sense of the firmware fixes hopefully looming in the near future.

Otherwise, I need to view Night Vision live, turn the camera off, then on again to avoid the multiple alerts.  Well, until the next cat crosses the camera's path...