Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Aspirant

Motion Detection Stopped Working

My motion just stopped working on 1 of my cameras?? I’ve tried all the troubleshooting in the help menu. Any suggestions??

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 15
Master

Motion Detection Stopped Working

What have you tried?

Message 2 of 15
Aspirant

Re: Motion Detection Stopped Working

We are having the same problem. Haven't found the solution. Even reset the whole base station and had to re-sync all cameras. Just the one camera will not detect motion but works just fine on the live view. 

Message 3 of 15
Guru

Describe in detail how that camera is located. It's not looking through glass, is it?

Message 4 of 15
Aspirant

Ours is mounted outside where it has always been, not behind glass. It has worked perfectly at sending motion alerts from this spot until it inexplicably stopped. Our other four cameras still work fine and send motion alerts.
Message 5 of 15
Master

Have you tried removing this camera from your system and then re-syncing it and then reconstructing your custom mode(s) with a rule for this camera?

Message 6 of 15
Aspirant

Arlo netgear
Message 7 of 15
Aspirant

Message 8 of 15
Aspirant

There are no obstructions and other 2 cameras work
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 9 of 15
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro system with 3 cameras. Currently using 2 are indoors and 1 is outside. The outdoor camera stopped working properly. Wifi connection is fine. I removed device and reset it back up. I did sensitivity test, moved the sensitivity all over from the lowest to middle to the highest setting. I made sure all alert settings were turned on. Still, no yellow light comes on and no motion detection.  I can watch and listen live with no issues, but I am getting NO motion detection or alerts. Any other trouble shooting I can do?

Thank You

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 10 of 15
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if the issue follows the camera or stays with the location.

Message 11 of 15
Aspirant

Removed Battery and reset.. seems to be working fine now
Message 12 of 15
Aspirant

Removed battery and reset.. seems to be working fine now
Message 13 of 15
Aspirant

All alerts have suddenly stopped.  I have six outdoor cameras, all wireless.  Live works fine, but I stopped receiving alerts on Dec. 23rd.  They are at my vacation home, so I am not there to try a re-boot or battery removal and re-install.  Any suggestions on what I can try remotely?

Thanks

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 14 of 15
Guru

Use a browser (not the app which may display incorrectly) to check what mode is selected - perhaps it has somehow been changed. You can reboot the base by going to Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart.

Message 15 of 15