Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Cshaw22
Tutor
Tutor

My motion just stopped working on 1 of my cameras?? I’ve tried all the troubleshooting in the help menu. Any suggestions??

14 REPLIES 14
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What have you tried?

blusie76
Initiate
Initiate

We are having the same problem. Haven't found the solution. Even reset the whole base station and had to re-sync all cameras. Just the one camera will not detect motion but works just fine on the live view. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Describe in detail how that camera is located. It's not looking through glass, is it?

blusie76
Initiate
Initiate
Ours is mounted outside where it has always been, not behind glass. It has worked perfectly at sending motion alerts from this spot until it inexplicably stopped. Our other four cameras still work fine and send motion alerts.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you tried removing this camera from your system and then re-syncing it and then reconstructing your custom mode(s) with a rule for this camera?

Jannybird
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo netgear
Jannybird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jannybird
Aspirant
Aspirant
There are no obstructions and other 2 cameras work
PJKLOCEK
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo Pro system with 3 cameras. Currently using 2 are indoors and 1 is outside. The outdoor camera stopped working properly. Wifi connection is fine. I removed device and reset it back up. I did sensitivity test, moved the sensitivity all over from the lowest to middle to the highest setting. I made sure all alert settings were turned on. Still, no yellow light comes on and no motion detection.  I can watch and listen live with no issues, but I am getting NO motion detection or alerts. Any other trouble shooting I can do?

Thank You

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if the issue follows the camera or stays with the location.

Cshaw22
Tutor
Tutor
Removed Battery and reset.. seems to be working fine now
Cshaw22
Tutor
Tutor
Removed battery and reset.. seems to be working fine now
karenmills
Aspirant
Aspirant

All alerts have suddenly stopped.  I have six outdoor cameras, all wireless.  Live works fine, but I stopped receiving alerts on Dec. 23rd.  They are at my vacation home, so I am not there to try a re-boot or battery removal and re-install.  Any suggestions on what I can try remotely?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a browser (not the app which may display incorrectly) to check what mode is selected - perhaps it has somehow been changed. You can reboot the base by going to Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart.