Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How Can I Keep The battery Life Longer Than 2 Weeks

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DebLynn
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I keep the battery life longer than 2 weeks before having to recharge them. I spent too much money on these cameras and another set and the batteries just drain so fast. It is stated that they would last up to 3 to 4 months. I think that is a mispresentation. I have set my motion detection down to 15 and have the video setting at "OptimizedBalances video quality and battery life". I have the basic plan so I don't know if I go with one of the paid plans if that will help with saving the battery life. It goes off everytime a car drives by. I set up my cameras yesterday and one is already at 61% and 75%. Also is there a manual for this product. There are no instructions on how to use the two-way audio or siren. 

Thanks,

Deborah 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a ton of information here - FAQs and videos. Click on the Support link at the top here and choose your camera. 

It sounds like your cameras are recoriding far longer than the 5 minutes or less that provides spec battery life. Camera positioning so it doesn't include the street is addressed in the FAQ on camera positioning. If you rotate the camera down to eliminate the street, things should get better but read up before adjusting.