Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

l see the siren in my device info but no longer have access to enable my siren. Has it been removed from the apps?

37 REPLIES 37
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It was moved on the apps...

IOS ; it's a pull down bar in center screen top

Android, it's a pull down tab in center

( both from live view screen )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just to add to the info above....... in android it's not only available in live view as a pull down tab, but it's also available when your on the devices tab as a pull down tab. It's a little tab with a down arrow on it just below the word devices.

RCC77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Found it.
joeg86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I have just installed the app and put my cameras up. I have noticed that there is supposed to be an Alarm button to make the siren go off with the touch of it, but have not seen it so far. Using the knowledge base, I was told to go to the devices section and scroll all the way down and it would be there. I only see my 3 camera screen shots, and below that is a button that says "Add Device"

Can someone please point me in the right direction to be able to remotely activate this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Helps to know which app - Android or iOS. Android now has a pull-down drawer tab near the top while iOS has a gray stripe near the top. The browser has a blue bell for the alarm.

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary
Hi, actually you have the option to remotely turn ON the siren on your Arlo application. On top of the 1st camera window you can see, there is a gray line. Drag the gray line and I'll you'll see the siren/alarm option. You can turn it ON or OFF on that page.
SamiBrown
Initiate
Initiate
I have the Arlo Pro and when I first purchased and installed I had an alarm button on my app but it went missing after the update and I can not figure out how to put it back on there. I have wanted to use it twice now and was unable to. Thank you.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The alarm button was moved.

In iOS is a grey pull down bar at the top on the screen.

In android it's a pull down tab in the center at the top under the devices tab or in the center of a live view video.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Screenshot_20180312-083441.jpgScreenshot_20180312-083454.jpg

K4ULE
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone users don’t have this option.  If buyers new this before buying I know it would hurt

sales. Netgear fix this problem.

leebo73
Initiate
Initiate

I use to be able to turn on my siren utilizing the app on an iPhone.  The function has disappeared.  Can someone help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For iOS, there's a gray stripe near the top that you use to get to the alarm, similar to what is posted in the Android thread.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@leebo73

As mentioned several times in this thread.......... the alarm button was moved. For iOS it is a slide down / pull down bar at the top center of the screen.