Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
av53
Guide
Guide
I just started receiving this message. I have to reboot the phone to get a login screen.. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thanks
61 REPLIES 61
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes paying customers are having the same problem. What is strange is my tablet does not have the problem and its an Android with the same app version.

jllihotz
Guide
Guide

Yesterday, I did a force stop, uninstall, reboot and reinstall on 2 Amazon Fire tablets and an Android phone.  I was initially hopeful that this was working but the "fix" was only temporary...

Bigedd
Guide
Guide
I just spent a half an hour chatting with an agent. Same run around, "fixes "that I have already tried.
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Well that's bad news if Arlo customers who are paying for a subscription are having the same problems.
Although support did email me instructions on what to do but to no avail did it work.
The system works great "But" after a certain amount of time when you go to check your cameras you have this session timed out please log on message it's recorded but you don't know that because you never got an alert ( and that's the glitch because it's timed out) and that's what everyone needs is to be notified when there is movement.
I don't know........ I think best thing to do is throw it in the trash..
I've referred a couple of people to this system, at least they still like me.
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
I hear you All, Arlo and Company sleep well at night they already have their money, and it was a good system until they tried to make it better or fix something, My Philosophy is if it's not broke leave it alone.
And if you want to improve the product test for length of time before you do new releases
arbedar
Aspirant
Aspirant

.If you see users are getting frustrated with this glitch it should be addressed . I am considering purchasing more cameras but wont waste the money until the problem has been solved .If not addressed I  may have to go into a different direction . which is too bad since I do like this system . 

signed at wits end 

DaveG123
Tutor
Tutor

Not true, huge amount of users having the same issue I do.  Was using Arlo wireless cameras (3) for over 6 month without any issues and even bought a set for my brother.  Sometimes after the careless Arlo upgrade on 3/14 all of a sudden was logged off from my Android Arlo app and presented with a message inside a yel;low banner (on top)  -  "Your session has expired, please login"....  This is insane, I tried everything suggested here and by Arlo reps who are clueless - only repeat the same phrases from the in-house manual - make sure you have the latest app version, which I do, restart your phone - done, re-start the base - done, force stop the app - done, re-install app - done...... next step is to return the product to the store and never buy it again - which is I am about to do.  My brother started to have the same issue at the same time.  I am still receiving alerts, but can't immediately monitor or look at the library video without logging in again, which has additional issues as the yellow banner on top covers the logout button.  Complete madness - this continues for 10 days now, without end in sight.  Customer service is useless, but finally admitted that tech support is looking into to it.  Arlo people who worked approved this release should be fired immediately, at least they would be in my company.  Arlo will be loosing sales and customers from this debacle for sure and they deserve it.  Mistake can happen, I agree, we are all humans, but how you handle them is a different ball game and Arlo failed in this....

DaveG123
Tutor
Tutor

With my last message I was replying to Dawn Marshall Community Manager, NETGEAR - who said only small amount of people are having this issue.............

Bigedd
Guide
Guide

Just chatted with support again. Looks like I got an honest answer for a change!!!!

"As checked, we are still having issues on this and we still don't have the update in regards to the fix yet."

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Android Arlo mobile app is now available in the app store that addresses this issue. Please visit the app store and be sure you are up to date on the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App: Release Notes - Android App 2.4.10 - 26th March 2018

JamesC

jllihotz
Guide
Guide

My Kindle tablets use version 2.4.8_19938 and this problem is occuring on both of them as well as on my ipad and my computer.  This update cannot be used to correct errors on these devices ( cannot use google play store for update on fire tablets).  Are there any other fixes in the works?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@jllihotz

My guess (hope) is that now that they have come out with an updated app for android, that that version will also be posted to the amazon store so you can update your kindle/fire tablets. I would also assume an updated iOS version will come soon as well.