Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arm and Disarm with physical device (not phone)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
nirre
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Anyone have any good ideas on how to arm and disarm the Arlo Pro based on physical devices? Perhaps "geofencing" but without using a phone (I hear it's not working very well with multiple devices). I would like to be able to hand out 4-5 "physical items" that when in reach of my home disables the alarm (and vice-versa: when all devices have left the home the alarm is turned on).

Could this be done perhaps by RFID, and having a "reader" close to the home connected to the wifi? 

Or a "smart button" on the keychain that when in reach of the home, connects to the wifi and turns the alarm off?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Niklas

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not possible with Arlo-supplied devices or software. Whether you could do something with IFTTT, SmartThings, etc. is unknown to me.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

SmartThings will do what you want. I always leave my arlo system in armed mode and let smartthings turn cameras on and off according to routines I have set up in smartthings. You could do this in smartthings with geofencing, or an arrival sensor, or a open/close sensor on a door, or a motion sensor, or even just a widget on your android phone that you manually activate.