Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
av53
Guide
Guide
I just started receiving this message. I have to reboot the phone to get a login screen.. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thanks
61 REPLIES 61
Bigedd
Guide
Guide
I tried that but gets message "this site can't be reached"
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Bigeddwrote:
I tried that but gets message "this site can't be reached"

Ok. I don't use chrome so that's all I got for that browser. If you want to try Edge....

Click the three dots (in the upper right)

Click: Settings

Click: Choose what to clear

Check the box: Cookies and saved website data

Click: Clear

Then try the arlo log on again. Worked for me.

Elkhounds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well my apoligies.  I was using the click and clean addon in Chrome and made the assumsion that it was clearing cookies as well.  Did it thru settings and all is good.  Thanks for the help.

Twinkle
Star
Star

Hello Dawn Marshall. Community Manager, Netgear

I called on Mar15 and got a case number. Just called again 3/17; still no resolution. 

I got my 3 camera sys up in Feb 2018. All was working fine until Mar 15---day after the new released on Mar14. I never log out-hence to see the cameras when I get a notification- Great. However, now not so great. I get the " your session has expired. Please log in." I even checked my Samsung 7, andriod and it also times out.  In this Community board, they are about 5-7 discussions on same topic--just labeled different. CK the one on "Session has timed out ....again".

I have uninstalled the APP several times --it allows me back in but still times out.

I read this board and see that the same problem has happened in May and July 2017. Seems Arlo, would have fixed the app as to not have that occur again. I am not a tech person---unless it was a different issue.  However, why is the APP not tested before it is released since this has happened before.

I called on Mar 17 for update, still not fixed and the Arlo stated they are still working on it.

Today is Mar 20---still not fixed. What good are security CAMERAS if they do not work!!!!

Great system- but not worth all the problems thus far. I should had done more homework.

Please Fix

bmacto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here - both my phone and my wife's (Android 7.1 and Android 8.0 respectively).  Both started exhibiting the issue after the Arlo app was last updated.  We also have an Ipad and it does not appear to exhibit the same issue (although we use it far less frequently).  

Netgear, how about reverting the app to the previous version until you get this sorted out?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@bmactowrote:

Netgear, how about reverting the app to the previous version until you get this sorted out?

Please don't revert to the previous version. When the new version of the app came out, version 2.4.9_20031, I still had the older version because I don't let the google play store auto-update my apps. I started getting the session timed out issue on the old app. I updated to this latest version and the time out issue went away. The new version fixed mine and others as well. So going back would have the potential to maybe fix some but again break others.

My guess is it's either an issue with specific accounts in the arlo database, for example, if they did a migration of the database to a newer version some accounts may have been corrupted, thus the time out issue and the base offline issue. Or possibly the new app install routine is buggy and they have to fix the code on that. It's possible that during the new version install it isn't updating all the needed files correctly leaving old files behind and causing the time out issue.

Either way they need to get this fixed for the people who it is affecting.  

Tex39d
Initiate
Initiate
I have Samsung S8 plus was working perfectly until last update. I found if you tap the screen The message goes away long enough to get logged out. Then I can log right back in, but I keep getting the same message over and over. I have to log in 6 to 10 times A-day It's very annoying. And I have done the latest update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A workaround, NOT A FIX, is to use the multitask button (single or double rectangles next the Home button), click on the "X" for Arlo and run the app normally.

Bigedd
Guide
Guide

I would like to know why Netgear isn't chiming in ... would like to know if they are aware of all the traffic on this site. It would certainly cut down on number of email notifications I am receiving (comments - not solutions) !!!

Kittybee
Initiate
Initiate

I have had my Net Gear Arlo Pro wire free HD 3 Model VMS4330-100NAS (which you do not have in the list) that I bought in November 2017. This has been the best system that I have bought after going through 2 others, But ever since you did the update on March 13-2018 version 2.4.9-20031 you cannot have your camera's up more than 30min without an orange band going across your phone saying "session time out - login. This is not what a system should do, and for the person that said if it does not have any activity after 10 minutes it will make you log back in. That is not true since like I said before everything was working great until your last update. Living out in the country and having a dog that has seizer is the main reason why we got the system so that we can watch him and talk to him if need be. You have lots of user's letting you know this is a big issue since the last update and maybe you should take this as a priority and listen and fix the problem. After all this is a security camera system not a login and hopefully you might see something.

ARLO PLEASE FIX.

MikeandCindy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.....We paid a lot of money for our ARLO setup. We are extremley disappointed with the interrupted service and mobile app difficlulties! If i had ordered my ARLO from a store rather than online I probably would have taken it back by now and tried an alternative. ARLO, please up your game and correct the issue causing the dissruption; session timed out, log back in....there is no option to log back in.

Please advise.

cindy

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@MikeandCindywrote:

Hello.....We paid a lot of money for our ARLO setup. We are extremley disappointed with the interrupted service and mobile app difficlulties! If i had ordered my ARLO from a store rather than online I probably would have taken it back by now and tried an alternative. ARLO, please up your game and correct the issue causing the dissruption; session timed out, log back in....there is no option to log back in.

Please advise.

cindy

To Log back in after the session timed out message....

This is a workaround, NOT A FIX. Tap the multitask button next to the home button, (single or double rectangles or double L symbols back to back), click on the "X" on the Arlo app to close the app completely or if your phone has the option tap the close all button. Then open the app normally. You should be able to log in now.

Dave4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm also receiving this message. I have a Samsung S7 Edge... Arlo sw 2.4.9.20031. I deleted the app yesterday and reinstalled same version from Google store; then, reset phone. Problem persists today. What's up??

jllihotz
Guide
Guide

I have been having this exact problem for 10 days or more.  It occurs on my computer log in screen, my android app for Amazon Fire tablet and on my ipad as well.  It occurs many times after only a few minutes of logging in.  Sometimes on the Mode page, sometimes on the Device page, it doesn't seem to matter.  The app just keeps logging me out.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on all devices,  forced stopped the app, all to no avail. This is getting extremely frustrating for me at this point, as it renders my access to my system frequently blocked.  Please find and fix this problem!

Bigedd
Guide
Guide

I contacted support AGAIN. Apparently there is a fix in the making. It was suggested that I reboot everything in 24-48 hrs. We will see. I asked if anyone monitored the community - I was told NO.Also recently I haven't been able to view video playback from library on Chrome. I get a pulsating black screen but can hear audio playback.

Good luck!!!

Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Hello Arlo community. I was wondering if people are still having this problem with the session timing out please log on issue still? I spoke with a agent from Arlo last night, I was told to force stop the app, uninstall it, then reboot whatever you're using to monitor and then reinstall the app and was told everything should work fine..... I personally have not done anything as of yet and was wondering if anyone was told this and if so did it work? If anyone would please let me know
jllihotz
Guide
Guide

Hi. I just followed your instructions and the app seems to be running fine on my ipad and fire tablets.  I won't believe it until it works for several hours w/o problems, however.  But, for the moment, it seems to have worked.

Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Well that's great I haven't tried it yet I just wanted to wait and see from the community if it worked good luck
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Well I'm not that tech-savvy I just I hope it works for everyone including myself which I have not tried yet
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Rubyphilipgriffwrote:
Hello Arlo community. I was wondering if people are still having this problem with the session timing out please log on issue still? I spoke with a agent from Arlo last night, I was told to force stop the app, uninstall it, then reboot whatever you're using to monitor and then reinstall the app and was told everything should work fine..... I personally have not done anything as of yet and was wondering if anyone was told this and if so did it work? If anyone would please let me know

Well it didnt work for me but thanks anyway.

Bigedd
Guide
Guide
Me either!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned many times, a workaound is to use the multitask button (1 or 2 overlapping squares next to the Home button) and click on the "X" for Arlo. Restart the app normally.

Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
No offense but who wants to do a work around all the time?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do until a fix is in place. We can't fix this so...

Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
I am wondering for the Arlo customers who are paying for a subscription if they are having the same problems with this session time out issue?
No one has complained or written anything like I am paying for subscription and my system is not working properly,
I have tried everything and the problem still exists, I have noticed that the system works you just don't get the alert if you have the sound activated on your device that's the most important part of the system, you can contact Arlo support but what they've told everyone to do it doesn't work at least for me it didn't