Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Vagdb
Follower
Follower
What does this mean? Arlo pro was working fine but has said this for last 24 hrs. How do I correct problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GRV
Tutor
Tutor
I encountered that problem too.
Solution : Unplug the power & Internet connection for 30sec. Then connect it again.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried power cycling the base or anything else?
Mary1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just got the Arlo Pro security system.  We set the cameras around the room to test them out and downloaded the Arlo Pro app on the smart phone and ipad.  Everything worked well and we had response and great pictures from all cameras.  This morning we sat two cameras outside to see how they would receive and project the pictures/signals.  They worked great.  However, now I tried to pull up the pictures on my iphone and all I'm getting is "Getting Status....".  The time keeps changing, but I cannot get out of the 'Getting Status....' screen to get a live picture.  What is wrong?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As reported elsewhere here, a common solution is to restart the phone.
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary

logging out and logging back in usually cures this issue for me.

B42846
Initiate
Initiate
When I login to Arlo app on my iPhone it's says "Getting Status" and doesn't allow to watch live videos. We tried rebooting Arlo base station, iPhone even logged from web portal nothing works. Any one found solution to this problem?
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
it does that too getting status it just hang
Vtach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Needs some answer too.. my working but an hour ago it says "getting status"..
Maylin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is hung up getting status as well, for the past few hours. Something is wrong with their app. I've tried multiple phones and have never had a problem like this before. I sat in front of my house for 20 minutes trying to get to the Mode to disarm my alarm. This has never happened before. I finally just entered the house and the alarm did not go off, so my system was disarmed. I know I armed it this morning. I can't set any thing. Frustrating!
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat wrote:
As reported elsewhere here, a common solution is to restart the phone.

This is not a fix.

Nor is trying to log in thru a desktop browser. 

• Initially I could get live video from my cameras, but I couldnt change modes unless I did it from my wife's phone
  • Then after a few hours, her phone couldnt change the modes
  • Now? I cant even get live video from my phone. But I can from my broswer
  • Sometimes the browser is telling me the base station is "offline", other times Im able to get live video again
  • But changing modes isnt possible

The problem has been off and on for the past 24 hours. Maybe someone within NETGEAR can check in and let us know if this is a firmware update issue? This seems to be common every time there are updates.

Lots of us are all conspiculously having this issue at the same time. This is a NETGEAR issue. Please fix.

swpars
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having the issue where the base station sits in "Getting Information" status on my iPhone (iPhone 7 Plus with latest versions of iOS and the Arlo app) and when logging into arlo.netgear.com via the browser-based site.

My cameras are apparently recording, but I can't view any video records made since approximately 8 pm Pacific time on the mobile or the desktop Arlo site.

I've tried power cycling the Arlo base station. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be wonderful.

bwhitlock
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got the four camera Pro set. Went through the installation steps as shown. First only got "getting access" message. Now after rebooting everything, base remains off line. After researching for weeks the right system was excited. Now what I see on this board, may have to reconsider Blink.
Jlenderking
Guide
Guide
Agreed!
Jlenderking
Guide
Guide
Netgear please respond. I have invested over 1k in this system and it just went to "getting status" and is 100% worthless. I've factory reset, deleted the app, done everything and nothing is working. Again, I have nothing but a bunch of fancy paperweights mounted on the wall, please Netgear update us with what you're doing to fix and a time it will be fixed.
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

bwhitlock wrote:
I just got the four camera Pro set. Went through the installation steps as shown. First only got "getting access" message. Now after rebooting everything, base remains off line. After researching for weeks the right system was excited. Now what I see on this board, may have to reconsider Blink.

There is an issue at the Netgear end, mine were offline half the night but back online now. The same issue could happen with Blink so I would not move on that basis not to mention that Blink being a much smaller company may have more trouble getting everything back online in such an instance.

I use both Blink and Arlo, both have their merits but if I was to choose one then it would be Arlo hands down.

Must admit I am not happy that Netgear have still not bothered to send out e-mail or push notifications to all the Arlo users re. the outage! This is extremely poor practice in my books considering what the Arlo is meant to be.

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Late last night we deployed server upgrades that may have resulted in a small number of users experiencing an issue accessing their system.  This should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

Roy1234
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same problem for the past day or so....just says getting status and the base is indicating all green however this is frustrating! What us the problem and how is it fixed?
bibik
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

Late last night we deployed server upgrades that may have resulted in a small number of users experiencing an issue accessing their system.  This should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

Hello James,

Thank you for your explanation.  I also happened to notice that I could not connect to my cameras last night, even after rebooting the base station multiple times through the iOS app.  I finally turned the base station off and back on, and everything was back to normal (but maybe it was due to your servers coming back online).

However, as the other users have mentioned, it would be nice to have a notification of outages (sent through the Arlo app, email, website, etc.).  As you may have noticed, a lot of other users have opened new threads (regarding not being able to connect) that just happen to coincide with the timing of your server outage.  A simple notification can help decrease the amount of new cases opened.

Thanks!

Jlenderking
Guide
Guide
James C, thanks for the info. Mine is still offline. Please advise.
shawnwells01
Aspirant
Aspirant
James c. I am still off line since 9 pm last night. Please help have phoned customer service I am still out and rely on this
bwhitlock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got everything up and running. Unplugged the base for a few minutes. Pushed reset button for 10 seconds until lights changed. Then started over with installation instructions. Every worked like it supposed to. Thanks everybody for the input.
GRV
Tutor
Tutor
I encountered that problem too.
Solution : Unplug the power & Internet connection for 30sec. Then connect it again.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
base-station need to release a new firmware firmware is outdated back last year
Roy1234
Initiate
Initiate
Well, got it fixed. You were right .....I unplugged the base station for a few minutes and plugged it back in then everything came up online!
Jlenderking
Guide
Guide
After turning everything off 3 times it finally worked. Please fix the update process so this doesn't happen again. Thx