Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Jchiodo
Tutor
Tutor
Hello

Please I hope someone can help me cause i’m seriously thinking about going out and buying nest cameras and trashing these arlos.

I just had someone walk all the way down my driveway around the back on the deck without any of the 5 cameras alerting me! This is completely useless in my mind. These cameras are supposed to warn me when someone is out there.

And now if I walk outside it takes 10-15 secs before it hits my phone. This has gotten so bad. Why is this???

I tried adding a second base station to improve signal strength but that was a waste of time and didn’t work so I returned it.

I used to love these cameras but now this is getting so bad and not practical.

Please someone help me. Understand why this is so bad now

I wonder if arlo would exchange these arlo pro cameras and update them to the pro 2 if that would fix this issue

Ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jchiodo,

How far away is the motion you were trying to detect? Can you provide a screenshot from the cameras field of view so we can better understand the environment?

JamesC

Jchiodo
Tutor
Tutor
Jchiodo
Tutor
Tutor
I just typed up a description and tried to put a pic up but it won’t post the picture. Arlo fix your website and cameras. This is ridiculous. And now I lost everything I typed! I’m not calling costumer care cause it takes sooo long and nothing gets done!
Boucher187
Star
Star

I am having the same issues since about August / September that I can recall.  I used to get the Arlo Alerts immediately to my phone.  Now it takes about 5 seconds to get the alerts.  I used to love the fact that I can have someone pull into my 150' driveway and I would know immediatley.  Now it takes 5-8 seconds and they person is already at my house before I know.  Does anyone have any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's called Arlo Smart. It appears that you have your cameras in Smart which requires post-processing before notifying.

Boucher187
Star
Star
That's what I don't get. I don't pay for Arlo Smart and it's not enabled on any of my cameras, but seems to have started around when this feature was added.....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've checked the Smart settings to be sure nothing is activated?

Boucher187
Star
Star

I have checked everywhere and I am not in the Smart Plan.  I have and always will have BASIC.  Today alerts took 5-8 seconds to go to my E-Mail and App on my iPhone.

I also added a screenshot on my settings, showing BASIC plan.