Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Adambrown
Guide
Guide
Any updates or plans on making an alarm in the app that would wake me up if motions detected...would make a great system even better!
12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adambrown,

Push notifications can be enabled to allow a sound to be triggered when a motion detection event occurs.

For more information, see here: 

How do I enable and disable Arlo push notifications on my iOS device?

How do I enable or disable push notifications on my Android device?

JamesC

Adambrown
Guide
Guide
Notifications are on but definitely wouldn't wake me up..I'm referring to an alarm pretty much the same as what you have on your phone as an alarm clock. My cameras are not in spots that get triggered often so if the do I wanna wake up..just be a good feature..thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What phone do you have? The Android phone app allows you to set a notification sound in Settings that may be useful.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Exactly, it's the same as your phone's text message alert. Within your phone setting's you have a million different tones to pick from. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No, you get to select the sound.
Adambrown
Guide
Guide
No matter what sound you choose for your notification from your iPhone list is going to wake me up..I'm talking loud and constant until you turn it off..make it an option with the schedule mode I use geofencing and schedule over night..
Adambrown
Guide
Guide
Sorry guys I forgot to mention that my iPhone SE doesn't allow you to change notification sounds for the arlo app..not sure if it's arlo or iPhone..I've read android phones are different and you can change the sound..so arlo needs to add this feature through the app!
Adambrown
Guide
Guide
You can change the email alert sound but not the push notifications which is what you want.
jaymcgill
Initiate
Initiate
I agree I way this changed to its the one thing I hate about the system with iPhone. I want different notification sounds a signal ding dose not wake me up.
Adambrown
Guide
Guide
I found a solution for iPhone alarm!!...set up a new email account and add it to your pushed email alerts..then change that email sound to the alarm sound so now it's about 10 second delay but it pushes the email notification to my new acc on my iPhone and doesn't interfere with my normal email acc..
Adambrown
Guide
Guide
But Arlo still needs to provide this feature in the app..I made it work but still takes 5min to push the mail alert
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adambrown,

I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post your idea there. The Arlo development team routinely reviews these posts for ideas on how to improve and introduce new features to the Arlo system.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC