Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost functionality of being able to arm/disarm my whole system by using force touch on 2.6.0 iOS

Discussion stats
USMC0311
Follower
Follower

Since the latest iOS app update
2.6.0 I did two days ago I’ve lost the functionality of being able to Arm and Disarm my whole system by using force touch on the app. My iPhone X still allows me to force touch and select Arm or Disarm, but it will just open the app as usual, not open to mode screen and Arm or Disarm. So now I have to manually set my modes on several Arlo base stations manually. Anyone have this same problem or have a fix? I’ve tried all the normal things like force closing app, resetting iPhone, etc.

31 REPLIES 31
Rj223
Star
Star
Wish this feature would get fixed. Actually on my phone which is iPhone xs, when I 3D Touch icon if I select disarm or arm it only effects the wired Arlo q camera and has no effect to any of the cameras connected to the base station. I used that feature a lot.
lemmein
Initiate
Initiate

After several updates since this issue was first brought up, it still has not been resolved.  This feature was working prior to 2.6.0.  Seems like the Arlo "development team" and "software engineers" are too incompetent to fix what they broke.

Miagi
Tutor
Tutor

This is downright ridiculous...  I just purchased the Arlo Pro2, and to my great disapointment the Geofencing is not working at all... and as it turns out, the fallback.. using manual arm/disarm by hardpressing the app is not working either! - I cant explain to my wife and 11 year old child, that the new fancy security system i bought, requires them to "enter an app", select "mode" and then select "basestation" and then press "arm/disarm" respectivly...  that is just to cumbersome to work.

How could Arlo Pro be so highly rated and recommended, when the APP and control lacks basic everyday functionality, and hyped advertised features. -  and even more concerning, it seems that Arlo engineers are not addressing theese issues in a timely manner.

I like the simplicity, the desgin and the video quality... but as is, this product is close to useless, and i consider returning the kit.

Immhee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an update on the 3d (force press) feature for the app? It was such a conveneint feature and its really sucks that it no longer works. Please provide update status. Thank you.

transcendid
Tutor
Tutor
Worse yet, whenever I try to use this feature, it messes up my schedule. Arlo stays in schedule mode but sets incorrect modes (usually “disarmed”) until I power cycle the base station.
BoogieArlo
Star
Star

3D Touch is working With 2.7 update 👍

Immhee
Aspirant
Aspirant