Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
USMC0311
Follower
Follower

Since the latest iOS app update
2.6.0 I did two days ago I’ve lost the functionality of being able to Arm and Disarm my whole system by using force touch on the app. My iPhone X still allows me to force touch and select Arm or Disarm, but it will just open the app as usual, not open to mode screen and Arm or Disarm. So now I have to manually set my modes on several Arlo base stations manually. Anyone have this same problem or have a fix? I’ve tried all the normal things like force closing app, resetting iPhone, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BoogieArlo
Star
Star

3D Touch is working With 2.7 update 👍

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
skynet11
Star
Star

I believe many of us ARLO clients are between a rock an a hard place with such concerns as you have mentioned.

I also believe such issues are just the tip of the Ice Burg, so to speak.  I've had various issues, with the  New ARLO App 2.6  as well.  It will work with Google Chrome, but not entirely with other brousers eg. Microsoft Edge, or Firefox.

One brouser may not access recorded video in the library,  while another may load a recorded video, but will not enable the audio.  When I use Foxfire I canot acces LIVE video or see the camera status via the ICONS, as I was once able.   Honestly, the malfunctions appear to be endless. 

I'm of the opinion that the folks there at Netgear often referred  to as Engineers, are actually non other than Railroad employees.  I ask, why would those responsible for the release of a NEW version of the App, do so before thoroughly testing its compatibility with various browsers, and devices. Who are these so called ENGINEERS!  : (

ISST
Initiate
Initiate

With the previous version of the App on the iphone, I could hold my finger on the app and it would provide a menu showing: Share Arlo, Armed, Disarmed, and Schedule.  If I pressed Armed it would immediatley arm my system. If I pressed disarm, it would immediaty disarm my system.  In the new update this no longer works.  Can you please let me know the status on this or please fix this.  If you cannot, is there a way I can go back to the previous APP.  Thanks

geoffarlo
Initiate
Initiate

With the new version of the app, using the 3d touch menu to set the mode no longer does anything other than launch the app. It does not change the mode as it is supposed to.

Dain___
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, I can confirm the same bug for me.

App version 2.6.0

iOS version 12.0.1

When I press firmly (3d touch) on the Arlo app I have previously been able to set the cameras to active for example, directly in that menu. The menu is still there but the functionality is gone. It just opens the app not matter what I choose.

BoogieArlo
Star
Star

3D touch does not work anymore since the last release of the App 😞

Mgcaekdb
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed that too.  You try to change it to disarmed and it just opens the app.  I never used it before the update so I didn't know that went away.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Our development team is aware about some users are unable to use the 3D touch functionality on their device and is currently investigating in the issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

Olive617
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone else noticed the 3D Touch on the iPhone is not working with the new app? Anyone have any luck getting it to work?
Mgcaekdb
Tutor
Tutor

3D touch is not working on iOS after the last two updates.  Any possiblity of this getting fixed?  Also, thanks to the Arlo team for fixing this recent horrible update.

Smokey51
Aspirant
Aspirant

After arlo up dated can not turn

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Olive617,

I've opened and escalated a ticket on this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

FlyForWork
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. VERY frustrating! Worked perfectly before the last update....
Rusty617
Guide
Guide
I’ve got the same issue, though only with my Hub. I have two Arlo Q cameras which still arm and disarm correctly using 3D Touch.
arlojmp
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the recent Arlo update, my iPhone 7 login by pressing and holding the Arlo icon no longer sets the mode for "Armed" or "Disarmed" for both my Arlo Q and the separate base with 4 cameras.  I now have to manully set both modes. It did work properly until the recent update.  Please fix this feature.

Arlo Screen Shot A.PNG

Arlo Screen Shot B.PNG

Olive617
Tutor
Tutor

3D touch in iPhone still not working after this update.   This was a super helpful feature.  Will it be coming back?

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice
And it still doesn’t work with the update just this week.
s0041464
Tutor
Tutor
For the last few versions of iOS app, the force touch mode selection does not work.
E.g. you press hard on the Arlo app and a list of modes appears. You select a mode such as “Disarm”, the phone opens the app and selects disarm.
As I can’t rely on the schedule anymore (always broken) I need this to work so when I quickly pop out or arrive home, I’m not setting of alarms.
Ronaq
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having the same problem functioality lost to arm or disarm thru any source Pls help
Lineman101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo App Version 2.6.2 - 3D touch to Arm/Disarm still broken.It has been broken for the last few releases.

Thank you--

iPhone iOS 12.1

6S

wwb_1
Aspirant
Aspirant
iOS....can't arm or disarm via app
How bout fixn it!
Tnatural2000
Guide
Guide
Is there any update to adding the 3D Touch arm/disarm feature back to the Arlo app? It was a very handy feature. Please let us know?
BoogieArlo
Star
Star

App upgrade on 2.6.3 today .... bug still running 🤬

BoogieArlo
Star
Star

Bug still running on 2.6.3 🤬

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

There was an update yesterday.  The GPS and iPhone XS playback bugs still exist.