Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view freezes iPhone XS Max on Arlo app 2.6.2

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Kezza1133
Guide
Guide

I cannot get any pictures since my phone did the recent update of the arlo app.I have an iphone xs max. I can get sound. The app freezes and I cant do anything

firetitan
Star
Star
Hi
Just to clarify this was a developers beta , even after I deleted the profile I had to wipe my iphone and restore from backup , it would not let me upgrade to the official version
Mathew520
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same problem I just spent a ton on these cameras as a result of a hit and run. I need these to work. Feeling I should have went with night owl
Kregs
Guide
Guide
Huge difference like I stated in my post between public and developer. I am a developer and personally never use the beta unless it’s a full iOS release.
BigBadDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought 6 camera Pro2 package before Thanksgiving and went to install Sunday. What a nightmare.. I have an iPhone XS and the app crashes my phone. Plus I made teh mistake of signing up with the phone and had another problem with an endless loop where the email was accepted - but then I could not make and account not could I delete the account or change the email. I had to set up a new email account under gmail to get teh app on the phone and then - crash,, temporary briicking, no possibilty to turn off the phone, no possibilty to do anythiing.. Netgear what in the heck is the matter with your team - no QA, no tech support that has a clue about this, all wasting my time - hours! I installed the system - saved the boxes and will give this 48 more hours - after which I will box up the system and return and write every more reviews to spare others the aggravation of buying into this product.. Oh - and using Chrome is another nightmare because everytime you clear history the broweser asks you to install a new version of FLASH. And when you do that you are logged off and have to log back in again.. Who in their right mind uses flash toay because of the security issues and resource drain? But a company that should be safeguarding security like Netgear - seriously?
darbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here I reinstalled the app still same thing app stops working

CEJ
Initiate
Initiate
Updated iOS to Beta version and so far everything works. If you plan to update your iPhone with the beta version, make sure you backup everything to icloud or iTunes prior to the update so you can revert back to the official release and restore from backup..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Tapout
Star
Star
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Demilucy
Initiate
Initiate
Same here!
Outkast2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I also tried logging in on my Mac and it's saying I'm not connected to the internet. Not sure if these are related, but we need a fix quickly.

RJSFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have Samsung J7 and got the same error message two days ago. Been on hold for the past hour and number 36 in the queue waiting. Tried to have a live chat and the screen doesn't even connect with anyone at Arlo. Very dissapointing in lack of customer service. Been through a few similar logged discussions and Arlo isn't stepping up with a response or fix. Have to go to MacBook and connect to my Arlo account to use the features of the Arlo Pro with 3 cameras. Not functioning for monitoring the system on the go from smart phone.

Marcomm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Every time I open the app and press the live button to watch one my cameras. The app completely freezes, all aspects of the don’t respond to any touch or closing app. It’s freezes the phone as well. And I have to force quit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app problem continues.
Marcomm
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app freezes every time I go to live feed. I cannot do anything, even close the app or press a menu option. It’s freezes the whole phone and I have to force quit and turn off the phone. I have deleted and installed the app and still happens. iPhone X
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Let me guess, Iphone XS\XS Max. I think there are some threads here on this issue. Rest assured Arlo is working on the issues.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Rest assured Arlo is working on the issues.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Please stop updating your app. Not the first time you did an update and broke everything so just fix it, and leave it alone. Seems you did update and then went on a nice Thanksgiving  vacation. Don't you test these things before you put them out to everybody

tranpaul33
Tutor
Tutor
New update just released!!!! Among other things, it says it should fix the freezing issue on the max iPhone.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

You mean Arlo Technologies, Inc, it's not Netgear anymore.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks I mean Arlo Technologies

Tapout
Star
Star
Finally.......

Someone listened. Good job guys. Didn’t think it was ever the iPhone but it was in fact an issue with the app.

Now if they can only fix the crap I have told them that they are having issues with.

More than one alarm and it only records the first alarm until the 10 seconds is up then the rollover to the second alarm and records. By then the second alarm image is now out of the screen and no camera footage.

That’s something for them to look at.
athaline
Initiate
Initiate
Fixed my Xs max issues. My follow up would be how hard would it be to notify the community with some kind of status page for releases coming?
tm30758
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with the Arlo app crashing on a Samsung running Android 8.0 Oreo.
Kevhitch
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is the version or update that has fixed the freezing and crashing issue on iPhone XS Max?