Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
athaline
Initiate
Initiate

Crashing after restarting iPhone XS max, uninstalling re-installing application, on WiFI or cellular. Triggered with live video and even web app video never loads.

Where is the live service update feed or ticket feed for us to see the timeline to a fix or the progress towards a fix? More clear communication would be great.

Iregmoss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Linda320
Tutor
Tutor

I actually called them.  It is a problem with their APP update and they hope to have it fixed by next week.  Thank you

Guinness835
Star
Star

I did download the Apple beta a little while ago and the Arlo app now works just fine as it did. I agree with other posters that people shouldn't have to do that to get a product they paid good money for to work properly with advertised compatible operating systems. I just wanted to pass along that the Apple iOS beta did fix my issue.

newmar15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro no longer works with Samsung phones.  Worked fine for a month.  Continues to work fine with Toshiba PC and Toshiba tablet.

Did receive a message on phone that motion is dectected, but when I go to the app.it states, 'Arlo keeps stopping".  This is the same message that I receive no both of our Samsung Galaxy J3 phones.

Tried reinstalling Arlo app. no help.

How can I get alerts and videos again on my phones?

firetitan
Star
Star
Greetings
Just a warning if you go with the apple beta software , I did this to fix an issue with call dropouts , if apple release the official version you need to wipe out your iphone and start again I.e restore from backup which can literally take hours as all the apps have to download again , in my case I have over 200 apps , so I would rather wait for the offical version thank go through this hassle
Twixom91
Initiate
Initiate

The answer poated by Arlo "You have to sign up for Apple’s public beta program and download/install 12.1.1"  is unacceptable. If WE don't want to go into a beta project, you should fix your app NOW please.

Wuckel
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. The XSmax is completely unresponsive while the sound continues to play. Video doesn’t come thru. However at times there is an update to the screen that has the play on it.

Very annoying, since I am out of the country and want to use it for the purpose built. Not sure what to do. Ideas to fix it are highly appreciated.
Sangood
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, the latest Arlo App as of 26th Nov 2018 crashes the iPhone XS Max everytime you open the app and try to view video - it freezes the entire phone. The iPhone is running iOS 12.1. The Arlo App is completely unusable at the moment. I've tried offloading the app, deleting it and reinstalling but makes no difference. Netgear please fix immediately as I cannot use my Arlo system!!!!
Sangood
Tutor
Tutor
The Arlo version I'm using is the latest one available for the iPhone v2.6.2 - it is totally unusable on the iPhone XS Max - I've tried it on an iPhone X and it works fine so it's something specific to the iPhone XS Max (both iPhones are running IOS 12.1)
papagorda26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't open Arlo app on Samsung J7, error message says Arlo has stopped working, Arlo keeps stopping. Is this a phone problem or a Arlo problem?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I've read that there's an issue with the Arlo app crashing on certain phones. My Samsung S8 running android 8 works fine, but I'm also still running the older version of the arlo app. I read Arlo is aware and looking into it.

You can wait for the fix to come out, or for android, you can install an older version of the Arlo app. Search google or bing on how to install older app versions. 

storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Works just fine with my Samsung J7 phone ?  Need more details on whats not working ?

SamKP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same issue. Hopefully a new release will come soon.
Battman
Tutor
Tutor
Everyone. The easy fix is to install the apple iOS beta 12.1.1. It really works.

Yes it’s just unacceptable that Netgear does not take responsibility for the problem and will most likely blame their lack of proper testing on apple.

However, if you just want the app to work then upgrade to the public beta. Takes about one minute to sign up with apple. Painless, quick and it works.
Kregs
Guide
Guide
That’s actually incorrect. When they release the official verision for iOS vs the beta you just need to delete the beta profile from your phone and perform an update. I have done beta for many years with apple. In the past it was much more difficult or if you don’t delete the profile which is a swipe of your finger than it’s also difficult. Public beta is actually a pre-release that is seeded. No different than actual release. Developer beta is another story which I am a part of as well.
Tapout
Star
Star
Well that trick still didn’t do anything.
As soon as the Arlo Baby monitor connects with sound it locks up everything and you have to wait for almost 5 minutes before the app will restart.

Even from the app ratings they won’t post my problem because it is BS and is broken.
Tech support is nonexistent and they push you off to a community where everyone just shows the same thing and still no one from Netgear will do anything about it.

Also great quality control on the product managers thought processes. Let’s push out a broken update on thanksgiving day and that way we don’t have to respond for a week........brilliant!!!! Give that man a raise!!!!!
Tapout
Star
Star
Well that trick still didn’t do anything.
As soon as the Arlo Baby monitor connects with sound it locks up everything and you have to wait for almost 5 minutes before the app will restart.

Even from the app ratings they won’t post my problem because it is BS and is broken.
Tech support is nonexistent and they push you off to a community where everyone just shows the same thing and still no one from Netgear will do anything about it.

Also great quality control on the product managers thought processes. Let’s push out a broken update on thanksgiving day and that way we don’t have to respond for a week........brilliant!!!! Give that man a raise!!!!!
FriarJnr
Star
Star

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm having the exactly the same issue. No problems on iPhone X and iPad 10.5" Pro but every time I try to view live video, the app is very slow, locks or caused phone to crash completely!

Tapout
Star
Star
As soon as you go live it locks up everything.
Doubt it is a phone issue it is a Netgear issue and they don’t get back to you as usual.
Woolie
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue, frustrating and completely unforgivable to send out an update that makes your product as worthless as your customer service.
Steve-0
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently got an update for the Arlo app to version 2.6.2 on IOS and ever since I updated about 5 days ago, the app keeps crashing and won’t load live video. I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but that has made no difference. Anyone else experiencing these issues?
Battman
Tutor
Tutor
@Kregs
My post is actually 100% correct and factual regarding updating to the public beta 12.1.1. I just went through the process and I actually overstated the complexity.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it's a known issue, they are fixing soon

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Steve-0
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. It’s just frustrating that they would send out an update right before the long holiday weekend with a really bad bug. Been a Arlo user for a few years now and never remember a bug this bad.