Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
PjC2099
Aspirant
Aspirant

Come on Arlo this is the 2nd time your app has done this have crash issue you fix the sound issue last time so please fix this as a  priorities lots of people having the same issue you don’t seem to reply to any of the posts  we just want to fix 

brh
Master
Master

@Anne2018

What phone is this happening on?

Brian

Colokoy007
Aspirant
Aspirant

DeanRichards
Star
Star

exactly the same. iphone XS Max latest ios andonly started on the latest app update. lets hope no one robs my office that i am unable to monitor.

roberttassone
Initiate
Initiate

I added 2 more cameras (total of 7) and updated to Premier today.

Everything worked fine on my Iphone 10x max until today.

Now my cams freeze on my phone but I hear sound.

Again, 5 previous cams worked fine on phone until the upgrades today.

tinyvaldemar
Star
Star
Agree. First step is for them to agree it’s an issue. They have not done that yet so I assume it will take a long time before we see a fix unfortunately.
tinyvaldemar
Star
Star
It’s not resolved. I assume you are in a iPhone XS Max. That specific hardware is not compatible with Arlo.
brh
Master
Master

It appears that by subscribing to the ios 12.1.1 public beta, the problem will be solved.

See this thread:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/App-crashing-on-ios/m-p/1653240

Brian

brh
Master
Master

Some people are reporting that downloading the ios 12.1.1 public beta solves this problem.

Brian

Drru2004
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same issue ever since recent update. My iPhone gets hot and stuck. Guess it’s time to turn off automatic app updates because I’m sure this ihappened after the update installed yesterday.
brh
Master
Master

@N4viking

Some people are reporting that downloading the ios 12.1.1 public beta solves this problem.

Brian

Daskarzine
Guide
Guide

Same thing. This is the second major f up recently by Arlo, first we can’t watch video events in the library for OVER a MONTH, now this?? Do these guys even test anything??????? And no apologies, no compensation, no nothing. BS

Max88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since 2 version and even more since I switch to an iphone XS Max, the apps is totally unusable.

Does Netgear not able to test properly a version before releasing to end users?

We are talking about an app that freeze all teh time, more of the buttons are hidden unders the notch, clicking on the button for the light ot sensors doe snot work as the 2nd window is hidden behing then impossible to close it or to do anything.

This is an expensive camera for the security of the baby.

Netgear should stop providing this type of product when they are not able to release a decent product and acceptable experience.

Since the beginning, the product is full of issues, connections problems...

The best way to use it is to use Home instead of the native apps. what a shame...

Shame on you Arlo team. count on me to spread the words and never buy again from you...

iZarif
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem

Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
Good morning,
Yes, everyone is having this problem.
The easiest fix is uninstall the newest update and install the previous update. If you don't turn off your auto update. The same thing will occur again due to the update loading again. His follow the threads and we will be alright until Arlo support patches the update.
Thanks,
Rob James
tinyvaldemar
Star
Star
That only works on Android I believe
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@tinyvaldemar wrote:

I can no longer use my iPhoneX Max (256 GB) with my Arlo system. Every time I try to view the cameras, the app hangs and then crashes or jumbps to the home screem. The community manager said it works with the latest iOS: Not true as a note.

I have even completely reset my iPhone without luck

1. Latest iOS 12.1

2. Unistalled the app and reinstalled.

3. Works on my Samsung Note 8

Some users have posted that Apple has a Golden Beta version of 12.1.1 available to the public and that the Arlo crashing problem for the iPhone XS Max is solved on that version of iOS.  You may want to check that out.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Some users have reported the Apple public beta for 12.1.1 solves this problem.  You may wish to try that.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

gooeyman
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you. Rolled back to previous and the problem is fixed

pberthe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.

Crashes every time I start a live feed, with Arlo Pro2 or Pro cameras. Screen freezes, have to shut down phone.

Casterclan
Initiate
Initiate

I have the Iphone XS Max and the new 2.6.2 crashes the application when a feed request is launched. It starts by freezing the entire phone and then the app crashes. 
Tried un-installing the app on the phone, downloading a new copy from the app store with the same effect.
Cannot view my video feeds anymore on my phone!

Max88
Aspirant
Aspirant

just did a new try and the apps with unresponsive.

After few seconds, my phone even restarted !!!! How come????

Tried to contact the support by email but I have a grey page and impossible to do so.

Arlo team: take your work and products and customers seriously. you had a good product and you are now killing it.

That s Netgear's brand value that you are lowering. I don't think your shareholders will be happy by this

dhanson99
Star
Star
Can confirm.... beta update 12.1.1 fixes the Live feed crashing issue on iOS
Anne2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have last generation iPhone XS. I have an Arlo Go and my phone worked fine. That’s why I decided to stay with Arlo since I have 3 Uniden at home that now can’t use since they don’t have a working App. 3 un useful cameras! Now I go to Costco and expend my money in other 3 unuseful cameras since they didn’t disclose that they are not updated to work with my iPhone ! That’s ridiculous when I can’t check the cameras anywhere than in my phone. Not disclosing this is very unacceptable.. what I’m supposed to do now ?
Stevedip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here .. Iphone xs max .. app crashed