Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Orm
Star
Star

...and same here, XS Max.

AceAnya
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem and same phone.
JSHw2ki
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest release of Android app (2.6.3) crashes every time immediately upon starting. Uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted phone, no change. Any advice on how to access and install the previous release (Android 2.6.2)?

DeanRichards
Star
Star

The latest ARLO IOS app version 2.6.2 now locks up my iphone XS Max.  Cant even hard reboot.  Allowed battery to go flat and then recharge to log in again.  I am using IOS 12.  Only started to happen since updating the ARLO app yesterday.  No problems previoulsy.   Any idea how to fix?  Have uninstalled an dre-installed but same thing.

AceAnya
Aspirant
Aspirant
Would seem as though the Arlo team haven’t heard of testing - warning to all - do auto updates for apps for every company accept Arlo. On the bright side they will give you meaningless badges for posting on a forum to explain all their f-ups.
Kfmay29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes yes! I have the same problem. Every time I turn on the Arlo app, my phone freezes and absolutely will not do anything. I keep having to force it to turn off and re-start. It finally will. I ended up calling Arlo technical support and $79 later, I’m waiting to see if it is going to clear up. He said they installed a firewall that should help it not ever do that again. So far, it’s still freezing up. He is suppose to call me back in the morning and see if it’s better. I never had this problem with my iPhone 6+. Just wondering if it’s this new phone???
Tapout
Star
Star

I just posted another problem so they might understand just a little bit better.

Still a joke at times when they can’t figure out what you are addressing.

User176
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the update I have not been able to access my Arlo App. I am up to date on app version and iOS version. I don’t get notifications, if I try to watch live mode it crashes, when i go into library there’s no activity. Any update on when the issue will be fixed. It’s happening on my iPhone XS Max and my wife’s iPhone XS.
Mommaklave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mommaklave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too!
bartman88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought the new IPhone XS and the app works in every way fine but one. When the app opens and you just want to look at a live video the phone locks up. And it will stay locked up until you reset the phone.
Is this a problem someone is working on?
No problems with 3 other Android phones connected to this system.
Arlo_user5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, same phone, I am not seeing the issue on my iPad only on the iPhone XS Max. Disappointed.....
Thillyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issues. iPhone xs max with newest software. While in app it will either completely freeze, or just close.
Kfmay29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly what happened to me today. My new iPhone will not work with the new Arlo update. I contacted technical support and paid $79 to fix the problem. That was before I found out what the real problem is. Now I don’t know if it can be fixed or not. Please please Arlo Netgear or Apple fix this ! I am desperate and don’t know what to do. I am still paying on these cameras from Best Buy. Do I take it all back and get a refund or what? I have to have these cameras for my business. I have been reading about problems with these since September. Mine just started with the update two days ago. HELP!
firetitan
Star
Star

Since the most recent Arlo IOS application update to 2.6.2 I have the following issues.

1. The Arlo app is unusable , when I click on live video it shows a live feed, then when I click the stop icon , the whole phone freezes

2. I cannot do anything else , I cannot go back to the home screen

3. After a few minutes a spinning circle comes up on a black screen

4. I have rebooted 3 times now , hard reboot and soft reboot

5. I have deleted and re-installed the Arlo IOS app, nothing works.

Still the same problem, looking at videos in my library are working

Arlo please release a new version ASAP to fix this !!!

This is on Iphone XS Max , IOS 12.1 release

My colleague has an Iphone XS , same version and he does not have these issues.

So I assume it's specific to Iphone XS Max

Volneydouglas
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same problem with both my Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras with the latest update on both my iPhone Max XS and iPad Pro running 12.1. I thought it was my WiFi but the phone and iPad keep locking up. I hear sound but it locks up the IPhone and IPad until I have to force it to restart. The iPhone also starts getting hot if left to run this way for a while.
tinyvaldemar
Star
Star

I can no longer use my iPhoneX Max (256 GB) with my Arlo system. Every time I try to view the cameras, the app hangs and then crashes or jumbps to the home screem. The community manager said it works with the latest iOS: Not true as a note.

I have even completely reset my iPhone without luck

1. Latest iOS 12.1

2. Unistalled the app and reinstalled.

3. Works on my Samsung Note 8

azzalina43
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue. When i go to the app on my iphone xs max i click to go live and view my cameras that i just bought tonight and the whole app freezes i cant do anything for like 15 seconds then it just crashes. But now i just tried to view my cameras live on the site and they wont go live on the site either! Did you try viewing them on a web browser as well? 

tinyvaldemar
Star
Star
I have the exactly same issue. I have not tested web yet, it works from my Samsung phone though. Will test later.
tinyvaldemar
Star
Star

Web works as well. Looks like its only Android. As a note, you ahve to enable flash if you access Arlo through the Web and use Windows 10.

Thester113
Initiate
Initiate
I’m seeing the same bug. The camera viewer on the app crashes my phone.
manbgut
Initiate
Initiate
Is there a ETA when a fix is coming? It’s basically useless without the app working.
tinyvaldemar
Star
Star

Arlo has not acknowledged that this is an issue yet. Their statement in the community is that iOS 12.1 solved this. 

MrSpoons
Star
Star

Same issue.  The new app fixes the problem I had with my iPad Pro but screws up the iPhone XS Max....just locks up as soon as it's launched.  The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh Away.....or in this case a buch of shaved chimp developers.

firetitan
Star
Star

I just wonder if the IOS arlo  app is tested on different models of phones, before they release it.

My Iphone is brand new , IOS 12.1 standard, so no variation.

Surely this is a common issue for all Iphone XS users ?

So when they updated the last version , I lost

a) 3D Force touch capability , so I cannot arm all my cameras with a long press on the Arlo icon anymore

Only my Arlo Plus camera arms none of my 8 wireless ones arm

This used to work !!!!, not anymore. So bad , my colleague who has an Iphone X also has this issue,

This is a major issue, as now I have to go into the app, change to mode tab, then for each hub I need to arm

I raised a support case, then a few days later I got an e-mail to say they closed it , no resolution !!!

b) When an alert comes up if you click onto it , it go's directly to the library so you can see the video

Now it does not , so you have to change tabs again

c) They took all the icons away on the live mode !!

d) The last video taken in live view does not come up and the time taken is wrong

e) Alarm function taken away

f) They did improve speed and reliability of live view though

Now this version even worse

a) Live view unusable, hangs iphone

b) They still have not fixed 3d Force touch

c) They still have not fixed going directly to the library when an alert comes up

d) Fixed the icons on live view

e) Fixed last video and time appearing

f) Alarm function back

Please Netgear test your IOS Arlo app on all models of phones before releasing.

At least the basic functionality should work 

As users we rely on your system and cameras each and  every day to keep our house and our family safe.

At least inform the Arlo community when you will be releasing the next version , so we can have an idea

of when the bugs will be fixed.