Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

My arlo pro cameras have firmware version 2.4.3 released July 24, 2017. The cameras are all turned on. How do I get the updated firmware ?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting your base.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

2.4.3 is the arlo app version. Camera firmware for pro camera is 1.092.0.16_21159. For pro 2 I have 1.125.11.0_21156..

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thats the same version that I have. I assume this is the latest one. I turned off the base unit and turned it back on and it did update to the newer base unit firmware as was suggested. In order to get updates, the cameras must be ON. But leaving tghem ON also runs down the batteries quickly. I can't understand why a company like Netgear can't take care of this. It's been so long that people are complaining about it. Are there any 3rd party batteries that might work better ? 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

No third party batteries. The problem isn't the batteries themselves, it's the firmware that causes the batteries to drain.

I turn 3 of my cameras off whenever I'm home and I have no issues getting camera updates. I wouldn't worry about turning them off, if that helps your battery you should turn them off when needed.

arloha
Guide
Guide

Is the batter draining issue resolved?  I have the same firmware number at the cameras.  What is the latest firmware version in the base station VM4000r3?   After the first use which lasted almost 6 months, now my batteries after a full recharge only lasts a few weeks maximum.  Same locations and marginally more activities only.  Something seems off somewhere.  If it's the firmware, has a fix been released?  

crw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nope. Still not fixed. Eberyone is having the same battery drain issues ....even if the cameras are not armed. Arlo seems to have no solutions 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

For the people who are experiencing the rapid battery drain issue..... New firmware is being tested. It has not been released yet.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just giving everyone heads up that there is a new firmware update for the Arlo Pro. The new firmware version is 1.092.0.17_25364. The firmware on your cameras will automatically be updated between 3 am to 5 am PST. 

Please be aware that if your cameras or base station are offline or actively recording during that window, they may not receive the update.  If you do not receive the update during that window you can go to Settings > My Devices in the Arlo app, and from there choose to install the new update. 

For information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Pro - 1.092.0.17_25364 -12th August 2018

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Are you sure you meant AM not PM?

it's 9/27 3:30PM PST and my Camera displays "Firmware update in progress.  Do not Remove batteries".   

Also it seems stuck on that screen for quite a while (30 mins)...how long should I give it?

FYI: Before today, and for the last week or so, that camera has been detection motion, but not displaying a recording.  Just a the snapshot of whatever movement happened.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The roll out started at 3-5am pst, but the info I have from the beta program is that is can take 24-48 hours for everyone to get it.

If one of your is updating for 30 mimutes, that is not right. Should take just a minute or two. If it doesn't finish updating, you probably need to remove the camera from your account and then add it back. That will reset it and start the update process again.