Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of 3 Cameras Showing Offline After Required Update Today.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MaryB333
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 of 3 cameras showing off line since todays morning required update.  

2 of the cameras that were actively on showed an update was required & clicked on it and they updated fine.  

3rd camera was turned off at the time update came through.   App is showing that camera is off line and wont allow me turn camera on.  Mode status shows update is available but will not allow me to update.    

Help please!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You can try restarting the base from the app while your away from the base/cameras.

In app...... settings, my devices, chose your base, tap restart button (bottom of screen).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Same here, although I'm using just the standard Arlo cameras.  Restarting the base station via the app usually fixes this and causes the cameras to reconnect.  However, this time I had to physically power off the base station for 10 minutes then power it back on and the cameras reconnected and are showing online.

This might not help but it's something to try at least.

- Mark

MaryB333
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Mark for responding.  I will definately try that when I get home from work.  

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You can try restarting the base from the app while your away from the base/cameras.

In app...... settings, my devices, chose your base, tap restart button (bottom of screen).

MaryB333
Aspirant
Aspirant

Restarting the base from the app worked!!! Wooo Hooo!!

Thank you so very much for the suggestion!!!.    

I keep an eye on my elderly english bulldog while at work so that camera is very important for me to monitor.  Thank you again!! 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

You're welcome. I use my cameras to keep an eye on my elderly pets while away from the house, so I know exactly what you mean.

MaryB333
Aspirant
Aspirant

The universe definately brought another animal lover to my rescue!!!.  

Thank you again and have a great day!!! 

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

the "Restart" option is grayed out on my app for the base.

My one Arlo Pro device shows "Firmware Update in Progress.  Do not remove batteries".  It's been like that for over an hour.

NeverMind:  Rebooted base device physically and all seems to function again.