Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Not Recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
T-Whisper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased a set of Arlo cameras along with the base system a little over a week ago (just before I left on holiday) and I had no problems with it until yesterday. Out of no where I started to get notifications and when I checked there was no recordings. When I tried to see the live video feed it would buffer and when I tilted my device it would turn black (On my Samsung galixy 6S). I then tried on a diffrent device (Iphone) and it said that there was an internet connectivity problem when i tried to log into my account. I then tried on a third device (Ipad) and it said that the main system was turned off. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke I tried a forth device (Samsung Galixy 7S) and it finally showed me a live video feed, but there was still no recordings. I knew something was out of the ordinary so I took a screen shot when the video feed started working for future reference and went to bed. This morning I got a call from the person who is looking after my house while I'm away saying that someone tried to break into their car last night and asked if the cameras had seen anything. I checked the video recordings and for some reason between the hours of 8:50 pm - 6:13am nothing was recorded. It has worked perfectly up until the point where it was actually needed. Does anyone know why it didn't record, or if there is a way to look further into the system to see if it is actually on the main drive and just didn't upload onto my devices? and lastly is anyone else having this problem and if so is there even a solution for this so called "error"?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be an Internet problem which could be anything between the base and the servers. A possible fix would be to have someone power cycle your router and base if they have physical access.  If not, try restarting your base remotely using Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart at the bottom.

T-Whisper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm positive it wasn't an internet problem because when I went into the app and checked all the settings it said that it was disarmed and all the motion settings were changed, so that when the motion was triggered the cameras would do nothing. So I think it's something to do with the schedual part of the app. I've changed all the settings to be on and working again, but if it's just going to turn them off again is it worth it? Like there isnt a way to get the recording I need to show that the vehicle was broken into and I also got another phone call this morning saying that my vehicles battery is dead. which there is no way that i just died because i just replaced it a month ago. So now there is 2 vehicles needing batteries replaced, possible damage to the cars and no evidence to show for it, but if you think restarting the router will help I'll try it. 

Gman171
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning,

I had sort of the same issue.  I would actually get notifications though but when I when to the site, nothing.

My fix was to "remove" the cameras and completely shut down the base.  Treat it like a new installation.  Once the base came back up, re-sync your cameras and everything should come back online.  But I haven't found a way to bring back any footage that it supposedly captured prior to.  That has something to do with accessing the "the cloud" which has to be company repaired.  I can not speak on that.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Glenn

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I've read in this forum that people are reporting that there are issues with the system automatically disarming itself when using Schedule mode in certain situations. I don't use schedule so I can't say one way or the other. Try finding the threads about this and see what other are saying and/or trying to remedy the situation.

BTW - Invest in a car alarm system. Just cameras alone won't stop or scare anyone, all they do is potentially get a picture / video of the criminal. Usually when the car alarm goes off, the "meth head" just runs.