Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Latest android update stops notifications on verizon S8 help?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DDD123
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DDD123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed an ap called "clean master" and the notifications started working again. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DDD123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry meant S8, tried reloading Ap, forcing stop, changing Ap settings and a million other things, cant fix it, greatly appreciate anyone's help:)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are notifications enabled in the phone settings for the app? Under what conditions aren't you getting notifications? Do you ever get them? Battery optimization can cause delayed notifications.

DDD123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, ap notifications are enabled. It used to work. I believe the Arlo update on 4/11 may have stopped it but open to checking more settings on my end.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just FYI -- I have an S8 running android 8 (oreo) on ATT and notifications work fine here. Maybe it's something with your phone, or something verizon did to customize oreo for their own network (not sure of they even do that).

In android 8 the way notifications are setup are a bit different than in android 7. Make sure they are turned on for the arlo app under settings, notifications, check advanced in notifications too, and then under settings, apps make sure it says allowed for notifications under the arlo app. Also make sure notifications are enabled in the arlo app in your rule under modes.

Maybe try a reboot as well, if you haven't done that yet.

DDD123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed an ap called "clean master" and the notifications started working again. Thanks for your help.