Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Cannot log in, https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login on my iMac just loads a blank page. FRUSTRATING !

185 REPLIES 185
Cwh360
Aspirant
Aspirant
As of this morning, Arlo seems to be working. Got an email with limited explanation but how to correct. See posting by others above for information.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Aec

Just FYI --- You should not have to uninstall and reinstall the Arlo app to get things working when the issue is a system outage on the Arlo side. Logging out and back in might help once the service is restored, but uninstall and reinstall is not needed.

In fact, there is currently a bug in the andriod app (just sure about iOS) where if you uninstall and reinstall you will now get double notification sounds from the Arloo app. Uninstall and reinstall again to try and fix that and you get triple sounds, and so on and so on. There are multiple posts in this forum that cover the uninstall reinstall multiple notification sounds isses.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Dave7mack wrote:
This is a new purchase and I hope this is a very exceptional situation. .

Unfortunately 2018 has not been a good year for Arlo. Beginning of the year the Arlo database went down. After that user accounts were corrupted and once database was restored many people were offline. Some for weeks, up to a month. Some people manage to get their system back others it came back eventually on it's own. Then after that came the battery drain issue where the IR lights on the camera came on after the cameras were turned off. Took a month for that fix, but that brought other battery issues, motion issue, cameras offline issues. Then another firmware update, which fix things for most, but not for many others. Then another firmware update that broke working people, fixed some, made others worse. After several firware updates, many still report the same problems. Now the service goes down again.

There are just 5 examples of major problems in 2018, plus all the little bugs in the apps and firware as well.

Hopefully it's just growing pains as we are technically earliy adopters of such technology in the home. Either things get better or we all start switching to another product.

Grover517
Star
Star

Yeah, I made that mistake of uninstalling/re-installing the app and had up to 4 notification sounds.  Fixed it by uninstalling the app, running CCleaner on my smartphone and re-installing app.  Back to one notification sound.

JeanS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Aug 4 2018 in the morning my android phone worked great using the arlo app. In the afternoon it started saying system is experiencing unexpected issues. Now it won't let me log in. I powered off the base station for a minute. Didn't help. I reinstalled the arlo pro app and that didnt help. Now what???
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ccleaner........ good call. Even though I have an android phone I'm not an android person so I had no idea ccleaner had an android app. I've used it for years on windows computers. There was a manual fix posted, and I've been too busy to do it to fix my double notification issue, so I haven't done it yet. I'm going to try your method.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero
JeanS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Aug 5, 2018 still can't log in. USA Oklahoma from android phone.
JeanS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Aug 5, 2018 still won't log in -
USA , Oklahoma, android phone!
JeanS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is arlo pro not 2
Aec
Star
Star
It’s the mobile app - log out, delete it, reinstall and log back on — then it works!
Aec
Star
Star
I have iPhone. So the Android app may have other issues beyond what I had. What have other Android users done to get this to work right?
Pittocarrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant
iOS is hard to log out! Can’t manage to get this work... anyone has news on this bug is supper annoying
Pittocarrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant
What’s the news on this bug, I’m in NM USA and still down my wife with granted account has acces but not the grantor
Chrishijada
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can’t fully log out on my iOS (apple) also....
Aec
Star
Star
I powered off my iPhone, waited a few minutes, then powered it up again before going back to the Arlo app to log myself out. That worked.
Frecoder78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone else not able to log on to their app after yesterday’s outage? I am still experiencing issues. My wife is able to log on which is strange!
ycis
Aspirant
Aspirant

ive gotten zero alerts or notifications since it "came back up"...ive even tried walking in front of all of my cameras...and nothing.

all cameras test fine using the "live preview" mode.

super awesome product arlo!

Chrishijada
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried it.. it did not work...
JeanS
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still can't log in to my arlo account today at around 2:00 pm in Oklahoma
shyamalps
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue still exists with my Main Account, can't access and keeps getting

"We are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue" upon login try

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

If anyone that still cannot login would be willing to get on a call with engineering, please PM me. 

KathyTW
Tutor
Tutor
Not sure how to PM in the community
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@KathyTW I just sent you a PM. You can check your message by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right corner next to your username.

PMs.PNG

Pittocarrillo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m still not able to log keep getting the error on system
When is this getting fix