Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Interference between Arlo and other WiFi signals

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rhimbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm considering buying an Arlo system (not sure which one yet).  My understanding is that the wireless connection between the cameras and base station uses the 802.11n channel.  Is this correct?

Can anyone tell me if you've experienced interference problems between your Arlo system and other WiFi routers?  In my case, I have an existing WiFi router that will be in close proximity to the Arlo base station.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While anything is possible, I've had a base sitting nearly touching high-powered routers for a couple of years now.  Some folks have reported that they have had to move the base away from the router but those have been few and far between. A powerline or WiFi extender could be useful in those situations.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While anything is possible, I've had a base sitting nearly touching high-powered routers for a couple of years now.  Some folks have reported that they have had to move the base away from the router but those have been few and far between. A powerline or WiFi extender could be useful in those situations.