Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Re: How to use 24/7 recording (CVR)?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KarenAB Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot figure out how to record continuously? It seems I can only do record with motion or audio activated recording, which was not my goal. I purchased a 6 camera set with base station.

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera

Accepted Solutions
Guru TomMac Guru
Guru

Ryan is correct.... these cameras are not really design to record 24/7.

They run on batteries which have a finite run life.  If you want to have the camera ( Pro/Pro2 ) record for 24/7 you must do two things 1) run on ac power 2) purchase the CVR option plan

Thes cameras are reallt of the type " detect motion then record "

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

All Replies
Ryan272 Initiate
Initiate

Continuous recording is only allowed if they have AC power. You will also have to spend a minimum of 9.99 per month per camera for the cloud storage of that. 

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
KarenAB Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Ryan. So my base is plugged in but my 6 cameras run off rechargeable batteries that have a WiFi connection to the base. My hope was to use a USB plugged into the base and run 24/7 video (recording over previous video as space is used up). My Arlo Pro package ($1,000) supposedly comes with the Basic 7 days of recording. But I can not figure out how to record continuously, only motion or audio activated. I definitely would not have spent this amount of money which appears to be useful if I am on vacation and can set the motion detector because I am not at home. I hope I am missing something here?

Highlighted
Ryan272 Initiate
Initiate

Someone can correct if I'm wrong but the camera have to be on continuous power for the option to be available. I have not used my base with an external drive so I can't speak to that. I just know mine only allow for the option of they are not on battery power. The problem is that you're cameras would for very quickly if they were recording constantly. I don't know of any wireless cameras that can run continuous without some sort of external power.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Guru TomMac Guru
Guru

Ryan is correct.... these cameras are not really design to record 24/7.

They run on batteries which have a finite run life.  If you want to have the camera ( Pro/Pro2 ) record for 24/7 you must do two things 1) run on ac power 2) purchase the CVR option plan

Thes cameras are reallt of the type " detect motion then record "

Morse is faster than texting!
KarenAB Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!