Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KarenAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot figure out how to record continuously? It seems I can only do record with motion or audio activated recording, which was not my goal. I purchased a 6 camera set with base station.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ryan is correct.... these cameras are not really design to record 24/7.

They run on batteries which have a finite run life.  If you want to have the camera ( Pro/Pro2 ) record for 24/7 you must do two things 1) run on ac power 2) purchase the CVR option plan

Thes cameras are reallt of the type " detect motion then record "

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ryan272
Initiate
Initiate

Continuous recording is only allowed if they have AC power. You will also have to spend a minimum of 9.99 per month per camera for the cloud storage of that. 

KarenAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Ryan. So my base is plugged in but my 6 cameras run off rechargeable batteries that have a WiFi connection to the base. My hope was to use a USB plugged into the base and run 24/7 video (recording over previous video as space is used up). My Arlo Pro package ($1,000) supposedly comes with the Basic 7 days of recording. But I can not figure out how to record continuously, only motion or audio activated. I definitely would not have spent this amount of money which appears to be useful if I am on vacation and can set the motion detector because I am not at home. I hope I am missing something here?

Ryan272
Initiate
Initiate

Someone can correct if I'm wrong but the camera have to be on continuous power for the option to be available. I have not used my base with an external drive so I can't speak to that. I just know mine only allow for the option of they are not on battery power. The problem is that you're cameras would for very quickly if they were recording constantly. I don't know of any wireless cameras that can run continuous without some sort of external power.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ryan is correct.... these cameras are not really design to record 24/7.

They run on batteries which have a finite run life.  If you want to have the camera ( Pro/Pro2 ) record for 24/7 you must do two things 1) run on ac power 2) purchase the CVR option plan

Thes cameras are reallt of the type " detect motion then record "

Morse is faster than texting!
KarenAB
Aspirant
Aspirant